Anti-Notch 2 antibody (ab99404)
- Product nameAnti-Notch 2 antibodySee all Notch 2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Notch 2
- Tested applicationsIHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Rhesus monkey, Gorilla
Corresponds to a region between amino acid residues 2421 and 2471 of Human Notch 2 (NP_077719.2).
- Positive control
- Human breast or prostate carcinoma tissue
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab99404 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/100 - 1/500. Epitope exposure is recommended, with citrate buffer to enhance staining. Likely to work with frozen sections.|
- FunctionFunctions as a receptor for membrane-bound ligands Jagged1, Jagged2 and Delta1 to regulate cell-fate determination. Upon ligand activation through the released notch intracellular domain (NICD) it forms a transcriptional activator complex with RBPJ/RBPSUH and activates genes of the enhancer of split locus. Affects the implementation of differentiation, proliferation and apoptotic programs (By similarity). Involved in bone remodeling and homeostasis. In collaboration with RELA/p65 enhances NFATc1 promoter activity and positively regulates RANKL-induced osteoclast differentiation.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in the brain, heart, kidney, lung, skeletal muscle and liver. Ubiquitously expressed in the embryo.
- Involvement in diseaseAlagille syndrome 2
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the NOTCH family.
Contains 6 ANK repeats.
Contains 35 EGF-like domains.
Contains 3 LNR (Lin/Notch) repeats.
modificationsSynthesized in the endoplasmic reticulum as an inactive form which is proteolytically cleaved by a furin-like convertase in the trans-Golgi network before it reaches the plasma membrane to yield an active, ligand-accessible form. Cleavage results in a C-terminal fragment N(TM) and a N-terminal fragment N(EC). Following ligand binding, it is cleaved by TNF-alpha converting enzyme (TACE) to yield a membrane-associated intermediate fragment called notch extracellular truncation (NEXT). This fragment is then cleaved by presenilin dependent gamma-secretase to release a notch-derived peptide containing the intracellular domain (NICD) from the membrane.
Hydroxylated by HIF1AN.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane and Nucleus. Following proteolytical processing NICD is translocated to the nucleus.
- AGS2 antibody
- hN2 antibody
- Motch B antibody
- N2 antibody
- neurogenic locus notch homolog protein 2 antibody
- NOTC2_HUMAN antibody
- Notch 2 antibody
- Notch 2 intracellular domain antibody
- Notch Drosophila homolog 2 antibody
- Notch homolog 2 antibody
- Notch homolog 2 Drosophila antibody
- Notch2 antibody
Anti-Notch 2 antibody images
ab99404, at a 1/250 dilution, staining Human Notch 2 in breast carcinoma tissue by Immunohistochemistry. Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue using DAB detection.
References for Anti-Notch 2 antibody (ab99404)
ab99404 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.