Anti-Nucleophosmin antibody [FC82291] (ab10530)
- Product nameAnti-Nucleophosmin antibody [FC82291]See all Nucleophosmin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [FC82291] to Nucleophosmin
- SpecificityDetects both the phosphorylated and the unphosphorylated B23 molecule.
- Tested applicationsIP, IHC-P, ICC/IF, WB, ELISA, ICC more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Donkey, Hamster, Cow, Dog, Human, African Green Monkey
Full length native protein (purified) (Rat).
- EpitopeThe epitope recognized by the antibody lies within the 68 amino acids at the C terminus of B23.
- Positive control
- NIH3T3 whole cell lysate.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 15mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, 0.01M PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberFC82291
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab10530 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ICC: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution (PMID 19026396).
IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent concentration.
IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
WB: Use at a concentration of 2 - 4 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 37 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 33 kDa).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionInvolved in diverse cellular processes such as ribosome biogenesis, centrosome duplication, protein chaperoning, histone assembly, cell proliferation, and regulation of tumor suppressors p53/TP53 and ARF. Binds ribosome presumably to drive ribosome nuclear export. Associated with nucleolar ribonucleoprotein structures and bind single-stranded nucleic acids. Acts as a chaperonin for the core histones H3, H2B and H4. Stimulates APEX1 endonuclease activity on apurinic/apyrimidinic (AP) double-stranded DNA but inhibits APEX1 endonuclease activity on AP single-stranded RNA. May exert a control of APEX1 endonuclease activity within nucleoli devoted to repair AP on rDNA and the removal of oxidized rRNA molecules. In concert with BRCA2, regulates centrosome duplication. Regulates centriole duplication: phosphorylation by PLK2 is able to trigger centriole replication. Negatively regulates the activation of EIF2AK2/PKR and suppresses apoptosis through inhibition of EIF2AK2/PKR autophosphorylation.
- Involvement in diseaseA chromosomal aberration involving NPM1 is found in a form of non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Translocation t(2;5)(p23;q35) with ALK. The resulting chimeric NPM1-ALK protein homodimerize and the kinase becomes constitutively activated.
A chromosomal aberration involving NPM1 is found in a form of acute promyelocytic leukemia. Translocation t(5;17)(q32;q11) with RARA.
A chromosomal aberration involving NPM1 is a cause of myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS). Translocation t(3;5)(q25.1;q34) with MLF1.
Defects in NPM1 are associated with acute myelogenous leukemia (AML). Mutations in exon 12 affecting the C-terminus of the protein are associated with an aberrant cytoplasmic location.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the nucleoplasmin family.
modificationsAcetylated at C-terminal lysine residues, thereby increasing affinity to histones.
Phosphorylated at Ser-4 by PLK1 and PLK2. Phosphorylation at Ser-4 by PLK2 in S phase is required for centriole duplication and is sufficient to trigger centriole replication. Phosphorylation at Ser-4 by PLK1 takes place during mitosis. Phosphorylated by CDK2 at Ser-125 and Thr-199. Phosphorylation at Thr-199 may trigger initiation of centrosome duplication. Phosphorylated by CDK1 at Thr-199, Thr-219, Thr-234 and Thr-237 during cell mitosis. When these four sites are phosphorated, RNA-binding activity seem to be abolished. May be phosphorylated at Ser-70 by NEK2. The Thr-199 phosphorylated form has higher affinity for ROCK2. CDK6 triggers Thr-199 phosphorylation when complexed to Kaposi's sarcoma herpesvirus (KSHV) V-cyclin, leading to viral reactivation by reducing viral LANA levels.
Sumoylated by ARF.
- Cellular localizationNucleus > nucleolus. Nucleus > nucleoplasm. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton > microtubule organizing center > centrosome. Generally nucleolar, but is translocated to the nucleoplasm in case of serum starvation or treatment with anticancer drugs. Has been found in the cytoplasm in patients with primary acute myelogenous leukemia (AML), but not with secondary AML. Can shuttle between cytoplasm and nucleus. Co- localizes with the methylated form of RPS10 in the granular component (GC) region of the nucleolus. Colocalized with nucleolin and APEX1 in nucleoli. Isoform 1 of NEK2 is required for its localization to the centrosome during mitosis.
- B23 antibody
- MGC104254 antibody
- NMP1 antibody
- NO38 antibody
- NPM 1 antibody
- NPM antibody
- NPM_HUMAN antibody
- NPM1 antibody
- Nucleolar Phosphoprotein B23 antibody
- Nucleolar protein NO38 antibody
- Nucleophosmin (nucleolar phosphoprotein B23 numatrin) antibody
- Nucleophosmin antibody
- Nucleophosmin/B23.2 antibody
- Nucleophosmin/nucleoplasmin family member 1 antibody
- Nucleoplasmin Family Member 1 antibody
- Numatrin antibody
- OTTHUMP00000161024 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000161025 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000223397 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000223398 antibody
- TRK fused gene antibody
Anti-Nucleophosmin antibody [FC82291] images
ab10530 at 1/250 staining human colon cancer tissue sections by IHC-P. The tissue was formaldehyde fixed and a heat mediated antigen retrieval step in citrate buffer was performed. The tissue was then blocked with serum and incubated with the antibody for 30 minutes at 22°C. An HRP conjugated goat anti-mouse antibody was used as the secondary.
Predicted band size : 33 kDa
Observed band size : 38 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
This image is courtesy of an anonymous Abreview
ab10530 staining Nucleophosmin in immortalized Human trabecular meshwork cells by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunoflourescence. Cells were PFA-fixed and permeabilized in 0.5% Triton X-100 prior to blocking in 3% BSA for 45 minutes at room temperature. The primary antibody was diluted 1/1000 in PBS/0.3% BSA and incubated with the sample for 2 hours. The secondary antibody was Cy3®-conjugated Donkey anti-Mouse polyclonal, diluted 1/1000.
References for Anti-Nucleophosmin antibody [FC82291] (ab10530)
This product has been referenced in:
- Cong R et al. macroH2A1 histone variant represses rDNA transcription. Nucleic Acids Res N/A:N/A (2013). Read more (PubMed: 24071584) »
- Papadopoulos P et al. A dual reporter mouse model of the human ß-globin locus: applications and limitations. PLoS One 7:e51272 (2012). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 23272095) »