Anti-Oct4 antibody (ab53028)
- Product nameAnti-Oct4 antibodySee all Oct4 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Oct4
- SpecificityDetects endogenous levels of total Oct4 protein.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA, WB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide (Human)
- Positive controlHeLa cell extracts.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53028 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Sandwich ELISA||sELISA: Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml. Can be paired for Sandwich ELISA with Mouse monoclonal to Oct4 (ab77259). For sandwich ELISA, use this antibody as Detection at 0.5 µg/ml with Mouse monoclonal to Oct4 (ab77259) as Capture.|
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 50 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 39 kDa).|
- FunctionTranscription factor that binds to the octamer motif (5'-ATTTGCAT-3'). Forms a trimeric complex with SOX2 on DNA and controls the expression of a number of genes involved in embryonic development such as YES1, FGF4, UTF1 and ZFP206. Critical for early embryogenesis and for embryonic stem cell pluripotency.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in developing brain. Highest levels found in specific cell layers of the cortex, the olfactory bulb, the hippocampus and the cerebellum. Low levels of expression in adult tissues.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the POU transcription factor family. Class-5 subfamily.
Contains 1 homeobox DNA-binding domain.
Contains 1 POU-specific domain.
- Developmental stageHighly expressed in undifferentiated embryonic stem cells and expression decreases gradually after embryoid body (EB) formation.
- DomainThe POU-specific domain mediates interaction with PKM2.
modificationsSumoylation enhances the protein stability, DNA binding and transactivation activity. Sumoylation is required for enhanced YES1 expression.
Ubiquitinated; undergoes 'Lys-63'-linked polyubiquitination by WWP2 leading to proteasomal degradation.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Expressed in a diffuse and slightly punctuate pattern.
- MGC22487 antibodyOct 3 antibodyOct 4 antibody
- Oct-3 antibodyOct-4 antibodyOCT3 antibodyOct4 antibodyOctamer binding protein 3 antibodyOctamer binding protein 4 antibodyOctamer binding transcription factor 3 antibodyOctamer-binding protein 3 antibodyOctamer-binding protein 4 antibodyOctamer-binding transcription factor 3 antibodyOTF 3 antibodyOTF 4 antibodyOTF-3 antibodyOTF3 antibodyOTF4 antibodyPO5F1_HUMAN antibodyPOU class 5 homeobox 1 antibodyPOU domain class 5 transcription factor 1 antibodyPOU domain transcription factor OCT4 antibodyPOU domain, class 5, transcription factor 1 antibodyPOU type homeodomain containing DNA binding protein antibodyPOU5F1 antibody
Anti-Oct4 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Oct4 antibody (ab53028) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell extract
Lane 2 : HeLa cell extract with immunising peptide
Predicted band size : 39 kDa
References for Anti-Oct4 antibody (ab53028)
ab53028 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.