Anti-Oct4 antibody (ab83498)
- Product nameAnti-Oct4 antibodySee all Oct4 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Oct4
- SpecificityDoes not cross react with Oct1 or Oct2.
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, ELISA, Dot Blot more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
A synthetic peptide corresponding to the intracellular domain of Oct4 protein from Human, Mouse and Rat origins.
- Positive controlMouse kidney tissue lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: Proclin
Constituents: PBS, BSA, Glycerol, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab83498 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.1 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 37 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 39 kDa).|
|IP||IP: Use a concentration of 2 - 5 µg/ml.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use a concentration of 0.01 - 0.1 µg/ml.|
|Dot Blot||Dot: 1/1000.|
- FunctionTranscription factor that binds to the octamer motif (5'-ATTTGCAT-3'). Forms a trimeric complex with SOX2 on DNA and controls the expression of a number of genes involved in embryonic development such as YES1, FGF4, UTF1 and ZFP206. Critical for early embryogenesis and for embryonic stem cell pluripotency.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in developing brain. Highest levels found in specific cell layers of the cortex, the olfactory bulb, the hippocampus and the cerebellum. Low levels of expression in adult tissues.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the POU transcription factor family. Class-5 subfamily.
Contains 1 homeobox DNA-binding domain.
Contains 1 POU-specific domain.
- Developmental stageHighly expressed in undifferentiated embryonic stem cells and expression decreases gradually after embryoid body (EB) formation.
- DomainThe POU-specific domain mediates interaction with PKM2.
modificationsSumoylation enhances the protein stability, DNA binding and transactivation activity. Sumoylation is required for enhanced YES1 expression.
Ubiquitinated; undergoes 'Lys-63'-linked polyubiquitination by WWP2 leading to proteasomal degradation.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Expressed in a diffuse and slightly punctuate pattern.
- MGC22487 antibodyOct 3 antibodyOct 4 antibody
- Oct-3 antibodyOct-4 antibodyOCT3 antibodyOct4 antibodyOctamer binding protein 3 antibodyOctamer binding protein 4 antibodyOctamer binding transcription factor 3 antibodyOctamer-binding protein 3 antibodyOctamer-binding protein 4 antibodyOctamer-binding transcription factor 3 antibodyOTF 3 antibodyOTF 4 antibodyOTF-3 antibodyOTF3 antibodyOTF4 antibodyPO5F1_HUMAN antibodyPOU class 5 homeobox 1 antibodyPOU domain class 5 transcription factor 1 antibodyPOU domain transcription factor OCT4 antibodyPOU domain, class 5, transcription factor 1 antibodyPOU type homeodomain containing DNA binding protein antibodyPOU5F1 antibody
Anti-Oct4 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Oct4 antibody (ab83498) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Mouse kidney tissue lysate
Lane 2 : Mouse kidney tissue lysate, pre-incubated with immunizing peptide
Predicted band size : 39 kDa
Observed band size : 37 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-Oct4 antibody (ab83498)
ab83498 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.