Anti-PABPN1 antibody (ab130654)
- Product nameAnti-PABPN1 antibodySee all PABPN1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PABPN1
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH, corresponding to a region within C terminal amino acids 269-298 of Human PABPN1 (NP_004634.1).
- Positive control
- Hela cell line lysate
- Storage instructionsStore at 4°C (up to 6 months). For long term storage store at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituent: 99% PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab130654 is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab130654 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/100 - 1/500. Predicted molecular weight: 33 kDa.|
- FunctionInvolved in the 3'-end formation of mRNA precursors (pre-mRNA) by the addition of a poly(A) tail of 200-250 nt to the upstream cleavage product. Stimulates poly(A) polymerase (PAPOLA) conferring processivity on the poly(A) tail elongation reaction and controls also the poly(A) tail length. Increases the affinity of poly(A) polymerase for RNA. Is also present at various stages of mRNA metabolism including nucleocytoplasmic trafficking and nonsense-mediated decay (NMD) of mRNA. Cooperates with SKIP to synergistically activate E-box-mediated transcription through MYOD1 and may regulate the expression of muscle-specific genes. Binds to poly(A) and to poly(G) with high affinity. May protect the poly(A) tail from degradation.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in PABPN1 are the cause of oculopharyngeal muscular dystrophy (OPMD) [MIM:164300]. OPMD is a form of late-onset slowly progressive myopathy characterized by eyelid ptosis, dysphagia and, sometimes by other cranial and limb-muscle involvement.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 RRM (RNA recognition motif) domain.
- DomainThe RRM domain is essential for specific adenine bases recognition in the poly(A) tail but not sufficient for poly(A) binding.
modificationsArginine dimethylation is asymmetric and involves PRMT1 and PRMT3. It does not influence the RNA binding properties.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Localized in cytoplasmic mRNP granules containing untranslated mRNAs. Shuttles between the nucleus and the cytoplasm but predominantly found in the nucleus. Its nuclear import may involve the nucleocytoplasmic transport receptor transportin and a RAN-GTP-sensitive import mechanism. Is exported to the cytoplasm by a carrier-mediated pathway that is independent of mRNA traffic. Nucleus; nuclear speckle. Colocalizes with SKIP and poly(A) RNA in nuclear speckles.
- Nuclear poly(A)-binding protein 1 antibody
- OPMD antibody
- PAB2 antibody
- PABII antibody
- PABP 2 antibody
- pABP-2 antibody
- PABP2 antibody
- PABP2_HUMAN antibody
- PABPII antibody
- Pabpn1 antibody
- poly(A) binding protein nuclear 1 antibody
- Poly(A)-binding protein 2 antibody
- Poly(A)-binding protein II antibody
- PolyA binding protein II antibody
- Polyadenylate-binding nuclear protein 1 antibody
- Polyadenylate-binding protein 2 antibody
Anti-PABPN1 antibody images
Anti-PABPN1 antibody (ab130654) at 1/100 dilution + Hela cell line lysate at 35 µg
Predicted band size : 33 kDa
References for Anti-PABPN1 antibody (ab130654)
ab130654 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.