Anti-PADI4 / PAD4 antibody (ab96758)
- Product nameAnti-PADI4 / PAD4 antibodySee all PADI4 / PAD4 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PADI4 / PAD4
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant fragment containing a sequence corresponding to a region within amino acids 326-581 of Human PADI4 / PAD4 (AAH25718).
- Positive controlHeLa and HepG2 whole cell lysates
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C or lower. Aliquot to avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 20% Glycerol, 0.1M Tris, 0.1M Glycine, pH 7.0
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab96758 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/3000. Predicted molecular weight: 74 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/100 - 1/500.|
- FunctionCatalyzes the citrullination/deimination of arginine residues of proteins. Citrullinates histone H3 at 'Arg-8' and/or 'Arg-17' and histone H4 at 'Arg-3', which prevents their methylation by CARM1 and HRMT1L2/PRMT1 and represses transcription. Citrullinates EP300/P300 at 'Arg-2142', which favors its interaction with NCOA2/GRIP1.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in eosinophils and neutrophils, not expressed in peripheral monocytes or lymphocytes.
- Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in PADI4 are a cause of susceptibility to rheumatoid arthritis (RA) [MIM:180300]. It is a systemic inflammatory disease with autoimmune features and a complex genetic component. It primarily affects the joints and is characterized by inflammatory changes in the synovial membranes and articular structures, widespread fibrinoid degeneration of the collagen fibers in mesenchymal tissues, and by atrophy and rarefaction of bony structures. Note=Could have an important role in the pathogenesis of rheumatoid arthritis by increasing citrullination of proteins in rheumatoid arthritis synovial tissues, leading, in a cytokine-rich milieu, to a break in tolerance to citrullinated peptides processed and presented in the appropriate HLA context.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein arginine deiminase family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Cytoplasmic granule. Cytoplasmic granules of eosinophils and neutrophils.
- EC 126.96.36.199 antibodyHL 60 PAD antibodyHL-60 PAD antibody
- PAD 4 antibodyPAD antibodyPADI 4 antibodyPADI 5 antibodyPADI H protein antibodyPadi4 antibodyPADI4_HUMAN antibodyPADI5 antibodyPDI 4 antibodyPDI 5 antibodyPDI4 antibodyPDI5 antibodyPeptidyl arginine deiminase type IV antibodyPeptidyl arginine deiminase type V antibodyPeptidylarginine deiminase IV antibodyProtein arginine deiminase antibodyProtein arginine deiminase type 4 antibodyProtein arginine deiminase type IV antibodyProtein-arginine deiminase type IV antibodyProtein-arginine deiminase type-4 antibody
Anti-PADI4 / PAD4 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-PADI4 / PAD4 antibody (ab96758) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : HepG2 whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 74 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of PADI4 / PAD4 in paraffin-embedded Cal27 xenograft, using ab96758 at 1/100 dilution.
References for Anti-PADI4 / PAD4 antibody (ab96758)
ab96758 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.