Anti-PARK7/DJ1 antibody (ab71496)
- Product nameAnti-PARK7/DJ1 antibodySee all PARK7/DJ1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PARK7/DJ1
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide from the center region of human PARK7/DJ1, conjugated to KLH.
- Positive control
- HeLa cell lysate; mouse liver lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityAmmonium Sulphate Precipitation
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab71496 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/100 - 1/500. Detects a band of approximately 20 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 20 kDa).|
- FunctionProtects cells against oxidative stress and cell death. Plays a role in regulating expression or stability of the mitochondrial uncoupling proteins SLC25A14 and SLC25A27 in dopaminergic neurons of the substantia nigra pars compacta and attenuates the oxidative stress induced by calcium entry into the neurons via L-type channels during pacemaking. Eliminates hydrogen peroxide and protects cells against hydrogen peroxide-induced cell death. May act as an atypical peroxiredoxin-like peroxidase that scavenges hydrogen peroxide. Following removal of a C-terminal peptide, displays protease activity and enhanced cytoprotective action against oxidative stress-induced apoptosis. Stabilizes NFE2L2 by preventing its association with KEAP1 and its subsequent ubiquitination. Binds to OTUD7B and inhibits its deubiquitinating activity. Enhances RELA nuclear translocation. Binds to a number of mRNAs containing multiple copies of GG or CC motifs and partially inhibits their translation but dissociates following oxidative stress. Required for correct mitochondrial morphology and function and for autophagy of dysfunctional mitochondria. Regulates astrocyte inflammatory responses. Acts as a positive regulator of androgen receptor-dependent transcription. Prevents aggregation of SNCA. Plays a role in fertilization. Has no proteolytic activity. Has cell-growth promoting activity and transforming activity. May function as a redox-sensitive chaperone.
- Tissue specificityHighly expressed in pancreas, kidney, skeletal muscle, liver, testis and heart. Detected at slightly lower levels in placenta and brain. Detected in astrocytes, Sertoli cells, spermatogonia, spermatids and spermatozoa.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in PARK7 are the cause of Parkinson disease type 7 (PARK7) [MIM:606324]. A neurodegenerative disorder characterized by resting tremor, postural tremor, bradykinesia, muscular rigidity, anxiety and psychotic episodes. PARK7 has onset before 40 years, slow progression and initial good response to levodopa. Some patients may show traits reminiscent of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis-parkinsonism/dementia complex (Guam disease).
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C56 family.
modificationsSumoylated on Lys-130 by PIAS2 or PIAS4; which is enhanced after ultraviolet irradiation and essential for cell-growth promoting activity and transforming activity.
Cys-106 is easily oxidized to sulfinic acid.
Undergoes cleavage of a C-terminal peptide and subsequent activation of protease activity in response to oxidative stress.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Mitochondrion. Under normal conditions, located predominantly in the cytoplasm and, to a lesser extent, in the nucleus and mitochondrion. Translocates to the mitochondrion and subsequently to the nucleus in response to oxidative stress and exerts an increased cytoprotective effect against oxidative damage. Detected in tau inclusions in brains from neurodegenerative disease patients.
- CAP1 antibody
- DJ 1 antibody
- DJ-1 antibody
- DJ1 antibody
- DJ1 protein antibody
- FLJ27376 antibody
- FLJ34360 antibody
- FLJ92274 antibody
- Oncogene DJ1 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000001348 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000001349 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000001350 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000001351 antibody
- Park 7 antibody
- Park7 antibody
- PARK7_HUMAN antibody
- Parkinson disease (autosomal recessive early onset) 7 antibody
- Parkinson disease (autosomal recessive, early onset) 7 antibody
- Parkinson disease protein 7 antibody
- Parkinson protein 7 antibody
- Protein DJ 1 antibody
- Protein DJ-1 antibody
- RNA binding protein regulatory subunit antibody
- RS antibody
- SP22 antibody
Anti-PARK7/DJ1 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-PARK7/DJ1 antibody (ab71496) at 1/100 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 2 : mouse liver lysate
Lysates/proteins at 12.5 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 20 kDa
Observed band size : 20 kDa
Additional bands at : 50 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
References for Anti-PARK7/DJ1 antibody (ab71496)
ab71496 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.