Anti-PBK antibody [EP2520Y] (ab75987)
- Product nameAnti-PBK antibody [EP2520Y]See all PBK primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP2520Y] to PBK
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, ICC, Flow Cyt, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react withMouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide corresponding to residues from the C-terminus of human PBK
- Positive control
- Human tonsil. HeLa cell lysate.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEP2520Y
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab75987 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/100000 - 1/500000. Detects a band of approximately 36 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 36 kDa).|
|ICC||ICC: 1/100 - 1/250.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/1000.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/100 - 1/250.
Antigen retrieval is recommended.
- FunctionPhosphorylates MAP kinase p38. Seems to be active only in mitosis. May also play a role in the activation of lymphoid cells. When phosphorylated, forms a complex with TP53, leading to TP53 destabilization and attenuation of G2/M checkpoint during doxorubicin-induced DNA damage.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in the testis and placenta. In the testis, restrictedly expressed in outer cell layer of seminiferous tubules.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Ser/Thr protein kinase family. MAP kinase kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated; in a cell-cycle dependent manner at mitosis.
- Cancer/testis antigen 84 antibody
- CT84 antibody
- FLJ14385 antibody
- Lymphokine activated killer T cell originated protein kinase antibody
- Lymphokine-activated killer T-cell-originated protein kinase antibody
- MAPKK like protein kinase antibody
- MAPKK-like protein kinase antibody
- Nori 3 antibody
- Nori-3 antibody
- Nori3 antibody
- PBK antibody
- PDZ binding kinase antibody
- PDZ-binding kinase antibody
- Serine/threonine protein kinase antibody
- Spermatogenesis related protein kinase antibody
- Spermatogenesis-related protein kinase antibody
- SPK antibody
- T LAK cell originated protein kinase antibody
- T-LAK cell-originated protein kinase antibody
- TOPK antibody
- TOPK_HUMAN antibody
Anti-PBK antibody [EP2520Y] images
Overlay histogram showing JEG3 cells stained with ab75987 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab75987, 1/1000 dilution) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H&L) (ab150077) at 1/2000 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (monoclonal) (0.1μg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control. Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter. This antibody gave a positive signal in JEG3 cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
Anti-PBK antibody [EP2520Y] (ab75987) at 1/500000 dilution + HeLa cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size : 36 kDa
Observed band size : 40 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human tonsil using ab75987 at 1/100 dilution.