Anti-PCSK9 antibody [mAbcam84041] (ab84041)
- Product nameAnti-PCSK9 antibody [mAbcam84041]See all PCSK9 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [mAbcam84041] to PCSK9
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Non Human Primates
Recombinant fragment derived from within residues 100 - 200 of Human PCSK9.
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in human heart and human kidney tissue lysates.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityConcentrated Culture Supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numbermAbcam84041
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Cholesterol Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab84041 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500. Detects a band of approximately 74 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 74 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionMay be implicated in the differentiation of cortical neurons and may play a role in cholesterol homeostasis.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in neuro-epithelioma, colon carcinoma, hepatic and pancreatic cell lines, and in Schwann cells.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in PCSK9 are the cause of familial hypercholesterolemia 3 (FH3) [MIM:603776]. FH3 inheritance is autosomal dominant.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase S8 family.
Contains 1 peptidase S8 domain.
modificationsThe soluble zymogen undergoes autocatalytic intramolecular processing in the endoplasmic reticulum, resulting in the cleavage of its propeptide that remains associated with the secreted enzyme.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- Convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9 preproprotein antibodyFH3 antibodyHCHOLA3 antibody
- Hypercholesterolemia autosomal dominant 3 antibodyLDLCQ1 antibodyNARC 1 antibodyNARC-1 antibodyNARC1 antibodyNeural apoptosis regulated convertase 1 antibodyNeural apoptosis-regulated convertase 1 antibodyPC 9 antibodyPC9 antibodyPCSK 9 antibodyPCSK9 antibodyPCSK9_HUMAN antibodyProprotein convertase 9 antibodyProprotein convertase PC9 antibodyProprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9 antibodyPSEC0052 antibodySubtilisin/kexin like protease PC9 antibodySubtilisin/kexin-like protease PC9 antibody
Anti-PCSK9 antibody [mAbcam84041] images
All lanes : Anti-PCSK9 antibody [mAbcam84041] (ab84041) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 :
Heart (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29431)
Lane 2 :
Kidney (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab30203)
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Mouse IgM (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 74 kDa
Observed band size : 74 kDa
Additional bands at : 30 kDa,40 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 1 minute
ICC/IF image of ab84041 stained Hek293 cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab84041, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96879, DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM. This antibody also gave a positive result in 4% PFA fixed (10 min) HepG2 and MCF7 cells at 5µg/ml.
References for Anti-PCSK9 antibody [mAbcam84041] (ab84041)
ab84041 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.