Anti-PDCD4 antibody [EPR3432] (ab79405)
- Product nameAnti-PDCD4 antibody [EPR3432]See all PDCD4 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR3432] to PDCD4
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, ICC, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Does not react withRat
A synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the C terminus of human PDCD4
- Positive control
- Jurkat and HeLa cell lysates; human breast carcinoma tissue.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEPR3432
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab79405 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ICC: 1/250 - 1/500.
IHC-P: 1/1000 - 1/2000. Antigen retrieval is recommended.
WB: 1/5000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 52 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 52 kDa).
Is unsuitable for IP.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionInhibits translation initiation and cap-dependent translation. May excert its function by hindering the interaction between EIF4A1 and EIF4G. Inhibits the helicase activity of EIF4A. Modulates the activation of JUN kinase. Down-regulates the expression of MAP4K1, thus inhibiting events important in driving invasion, namely, MAPK85 activation and consequent JUN-dependent transcription. May play a role in apoptosis. Tumor suppressor. Inhibits tumor promoter-induced neoplastic transformation. Binds RNA.
- Tissue specificityUp-regulated in proliferative cells. Highly expressed in epithelial cells of the mammary gland. Reduced expression in lung cancer and colon carcinoma.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PDCD4 family.
Contains 2 MI domains.
- DomainBinds EIF4A1 via both MI domains.
modificationsPolyubiquitinated, leading to its proteasomal degradation. Rapidly degraded in response to mitogens. Phosphorylation of the phosphodegron promotes interaction with BTRC and proteasomal degradation.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Shuttles between the nucleus and cytoplasm. Predominantly nuclear under normal growth conditions, and when phosphorylated at Ser-457. Exported from the nucleus in the absence of serum.
- Death up-regulated gene protein antibody
- Dug antibody
- H731 antibody
- Ma3 antibody
- MGC33046 antibody
- MGC33047 antibody
- Neoplastic transformation inhibitor antibody
- Neoplastic transformation inhibitor protein antibody
- Nuclear antigen H731 antibody
- Nuclear antigen H731 like antibody
- Nuclear antigen H731 like protein antibody
- Nuclear antigen H731-like antibody
- OTTHUMP00000020483 antibody
- PDCD 4 antibody
- Pdcd4 antibody
- PDCD4_HUMAN antibody
- Programmed cell death 4 antibody
- programmed cell death 4 (neoplastic transformation inhibitor) antibody
- Programmed cell death protein 4 antibody
- Protein 197/15a antibody
- Protein MA-3 antibody
- RP11 348N5.4 antibody
- Tis antibody
- Topoisomerase-inhibitor suppressed protein antibody
Anti-PDCD4 antibody [EPR3432] images
All lanes : Anti-PDCD4 antibody [EPR3432] (ab79405) at 1/10000 dilution
Lane 1 : Jurkat cell lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat anti-rabbit HRP at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size : 52 kDa
Observed band size : 52 kDa
Additional bands at : 30 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab79405 at 1/1000 dilution staining PDCD4 in human breast carcinoma by Immunohistochemistry using paraffin-embedded tissue.
References for Anti-PDCD4 antibody [EPR3432] (ab79405)
ab79405 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.