Anti-PDCD4 antibody (ab32831)
- Product nameAnti-PDCD4 antibodySee all PDCD4 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PDCD4
- Tested applicationsELISA, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Dog
A region within synthetic peptide: MTKYPDNLSD SLFSGDEENA GTEEIKNEIN GNWISASSIN EARINAKAKR, corresponding to N terminal amino acids 1-50 of Human PDCD4
- Positive controlPlacenta lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32831 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 52 kDa. Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
- FunctionInhibits translation initiation and cap-dependent translation. May excert its function by hindering the interaction between EIF4A1 and EIF4G. Inhibits the helicase activity of EIF4A. Modulates the activation of JUN kinase. Down-regulates the expression of MAP4K1, thus inhibiting events important in driving invasion, namely, MAPK85 activation and consequent JUN-dependent transcription. May play a role in apoptosis. Tumor suppressor. Inhibits tumor promoter-induced neoplastic transformation. Binds RNA.
- Tissue specificityUp-regulated in proliferative cells. Highly expressed in epithelial cells of the mammary gland. Reduced expression in lung cancer and colon carcinoma.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PDCD4 family.
Contains 2 MI domains.
- DomainBinds EIF4A1 via both MI domains.
modificationsPolyubiquitinated, leading to its proteasomal degradation. Rapidly degraded in response to mitogens. Phosphorylation of the phosphodegron promotes interaction with BTRC and proteasomal degradation.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Shuttles between the nucleus and cytoplasm. Predominantly nuclear under normal growth conditions, and when phosphorylated at Ser-457. Exported from the nucleus in the absence of serum.
- Entrez Gene: 506724 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 477818 Dog
- Entrez Gene: 27250 Human
- Entrez Gene: 18569 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 64031 Rat
- Omim: 608610 Human
- SwissProt: Q53EL6 Human
- SwissProt: Q61823 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q9JID1 Rat
- Unigene: 711490 Human
- Unigene: 1605 Mouse
- Unigene: 375091 Mouse
- Unigene: 206228 Rat
- Death up-regulated gene protein antibodyDug antibodyH731 antibody
- Ma3 antibodyMGC33046 antibodyMGC33047 antibodyNeoplastic transformation inhibitor antibodyNeoplastic transformation inhibitor protein antibodyNuclear antigen H731 antibodyNuclear antigen H731 like antibodyNuclear antigen H731 like protein antibodyNuclear antigen H731-like antibodyPDCD 4 antibodyPdcd4 antibodyPDCD4_HUMAN antibodyprogrammed cell death 4 (neoplastic transformation inhibitor) antibodyProgrammed cell death 4 antibodyProgrammed cell death protein 4 antibodyProtein 197/15a antibodyProtein MA-3 antibodyRP11-348N5.4 antibodyTis antibodyTopoisomerase-inhibitor suppressed protein antibody
Anti-PDCD4 antibody images
Anti-PDCD4 antibody (ab32831) at 0.5 µg/ml + placental lysate at 1 mg/ml
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG 1: 50,000 - 100,000
Predicted band size : 52 kDa
Observed band size : 50 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 20 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
References for Anti-PDCD4 antibody (ab32831)
This product has been referenced in:
- Pan Q et al. microRNA 21: response to hormonal therapies and regulatory function in leiomyoma, transformed leiomyoma and leiomyosarcoma cells. Mol Hum Reprod 16:215-27 (2010). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 19906824) »
- Folini M et al. miR-21: an oncomir on strike in prostate cancer. Mol Cancer 9:12 (2010). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 20092645) »