Anti-PDCD4 antibody (ab45263)
- Product nameAnti-PDCD4 antibodySee all PDCD4 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PDCD4
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Cow, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 450 to the C-terminus of Human PDCD4.
(Peptide available as ab45262.)
- Positive controlab45263 gave a positive signal in the following whole cell lysates: HeLa; Jurkat; HEK293; SHSY-5Y; A431 (data not shown); HepG2 (data not shown); MCF7 (data not shown)
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab45263 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 52 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 52 kDa).Can be blocked with PDCD4 peptide (ab45262).|
- FunctionInhibits translation initiation and cap-dependent translation. May excert its function by hindering the interaction between EIF4A1 and EIF4G. Inhibits the helicase activity of EIF4A. Modulates the activation of JUN kinase. Down-regulates the expression of MAP4K1, thus inhibiting events important in driving invasion, namely, MAPK85 activation and consequent JUN-dependent transcription. May play a role in apoptosis. Tumor suppressor. Inhibits tumor promoter-induced neoplastic transformation. Binds RNA.
- Tissue specificityUp-regulated in proliferative cells. Highly expressed in epithelial cells of the mammary gland. Reduced expression in lung cancer and colon carcinoma.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PDCD4 family.
Contains 2 MI domains.
- DomainBinds EIF4A1 via both MI domains.
modificationsPolyubiquitinated, leading to its proteasomal degradation. Rapidly degraded in response to mitogens. Phosphorylation of the phosphodegron promotes interaction with BTRC and proteasomal degradation.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Shuttles between the nucleus and cytoplasm. Predominantly nuclear under normal growth conditions, and when phosphorylated at Ser-457. Exported from the nucleus in the absence of serum.
- Entrez Gene: 374191 Chicken
- Entrez Gene: 506724 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 27250 Human
- Entrez Gene: 18569 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 64031 Rat
- Omim: 608610 Human
- SwissProt: Q98TX3 Chicken
- SwissProt: Q53EL6 Human
- SwissProt: Q61823 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q5R8S3 Orangutan
- SwissProt: Q9JID1 Rat
- Unigene: 711490 Human
- Unigene: 1605 Mouse
- Unigene: 375091 Mouse
- Unigene: 206228 Rat
- Death up-regulated gene protein antibodyDug antibodyH731 antibody
- Ma3 antibodyMGC33046 antibodyMGC33047 antibodyNeoplastic transformation inhibitor antibodyNeoplastic transformation inhibitor protein antibodyNuclear antigen H731 antibodyNuclear antigen H731 like antibodyNuclear antigen H731 like protein antibodyNuclear antigen H731-like antibodyPDCD 4 antibodyPdcd4 antibodyPDCD4_HUMAN antibodyProgrammed cell death 4 antibodyprogrammed cell death 4 (neoplastic transformation inhibitor) antibodyProgrammed cell death protein 4 antibodyProtein 197/15a antibodyProtein MA-3 antibodyTis antibodyTopoisomerase-inhibitor suppressed protein antibody
Anti-PDCD4 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-PDCD4 antibody (ab45263) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : HEK293 Human embryonic kidney cell line Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 4 : SHSY-5Y (Human neuroblastoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
IRDye 680 Conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 52 kDa
Observed band size : 52 kDa
ICC/IF image of ab45263 stained human HeLa cells. The cells were PFA fixed (10 min), permabilised in PBS-T (20 min) and incubated with the antibody (ab45263, 1µg/ml) for 1h at room temperature. 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine was used to quench autofluorescence and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red). DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue).
References for Anti-PDCD4 antibody (ab45263)
This product has been referenced in:
- Zhou J et al. mTOR supports long-term self-renewal and suppresses mesoderm and endoderm activities of human embryonic stem cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:7840-5 (2009). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 19416884) »