Anti-PDCD4 antibody (ab51495)
- Product nameAnti-PDCD4 antibodySee all PDCD4 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PDCD4
- Specificityab51495 reacts with PDCD4 protein that is either phosphorylated or non phosphorylated at Ser 457.
- Tested applicationsIP, WB, ELISA, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Xenopus laevis
A synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids near the carboxyl terminus of human PDCD4 protein
- Positive control
- WB: 293 HEK cells treated with TPA and MG132. IHC-P: Recombinant PDCD4 and mouse colon tissue.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.15M Sodium chloride, 0.02M Potassium phosphate, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab51495 was affinity purified from monospecific antiserum by immunoaffinity chromatography.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab51495 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 52 kDa.|
|ELISA||ELISA: 1/10000 - 1/50000.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/100 - 1/300.|
- FunctionInhibits translation initiation and cap-dependent translation. May excert its function by hindering the interaction between EIF4A1 and EIF4G. Inhibits the helicase activity of EIF4A. Modulates the activation of JUN kinase. Down-regulates the expression of MAP4K1, thus inhibiting events important in driving invasion, namely, MAPK85 activation and consequent JUN-dependent transcription. May play a role in apoptosis. Tumor suppressor. Inhibits tumor promoter-induced neoplastic transformation. Binds RNA.
- Tissue specificityUp-regulated in proliferative cells. Highly expressed in epithelial cells of the mammary gland. Reduced expression in lung cancer and colon carcinoma.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PDCD4 family.
Contains 2 MI domains.
- DomainBinds EIF4A1 via both MI domains.
modificationsPolyubiquitinated, leading to its proteasomal degradation. Rapidly degraded in response to mitogens. Phosphorylation of the phosphodegron promotes interaction with BTRC and proteasomal degradation.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Shuttles between the nucleus and cytoplasm. Predominantly nuclear under normal growth conditions, and when phosphorylated at Ser-457. Exported from the nucleus in the absence of serum.
- Death up-regulated gene protein antibody
- Dug antibody
- H731 antibody
- Ma3 antibody
- MGC33046 antibody
- MGC33047 antibody
- Neoplastic transformation inhibitor antibody
- Neoplastic transformation inhibitor protein antibody
- Nuclear antigen H731 antibody
- Nuclear antigen H731 like antibody
- Nuclear antigen H731 like protein antibody
- Nuclear antigen H731-like antibody
- PDCD 4 antibody
- Pdcd4 antibody
- PDCD4_HUMAN antibody
- Programmed cell death 4 antibody
- programmed cell death 4 (neoplastic transformation inhibitor) antibody
- Programmed cell death protein 4 antibody
- Protein 197/15a antibody
- Protein MA-3 antibody
- RP11 348N5.4 antibody
- Tis antibody
- Topoisomerase-inhibitor suppressed protein antibody
Anti-PDCD4 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-PDCD4 antibody (ab51495) at 1/5000 dilution
Lane 1 : recombinant PDCD4
Lane 2 : 293 HEK cells treated with TPA and MG132.
Predicted band size : 52 kDa
Observed band size : 52 kDa
ab51495, at 1/100 dilution, staining human PDCD4 in paraformaldehyde fixed (4%), paraffin embedded mouse colon tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
All lanes : Anti-PDCD4 antibody (ab51495) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Human HEK cell Lysate at 30 ug/ml
Lane 2 : Mouse N2A cell Lysate at 30 ug/ml
Li-Cor IRDye®800CW-conjugated Goat anti rabbit
Predicted band size : 52 kDa
This image is courtesy of an anonymous Abreview
References for Anti-PDCD4 antibody (ab51495)
This product has been referenced in:
- Muppala S et al. CD24 induces expression of the oncomir miR-21 via Src, and CD24 and Src are both post-transcriptionally downregulated by the tumor suppressor miR-34a. PLoS One 8:e59563 (2013). Human . Read more (PubMed: 23533633) »
- Deftereos G et al. Expression of Mir-21 and Mir-143 in Cervical Specimens Ranging from Histologically Normal through to Invasive Cervical Cancer. PLoS One 6:e28423 (2011). IHC-P . Read more (PubMed: 22194833) »