Anti-PDCD4 (phospho S457) antibody (ab74141)
- Product nameAnti-PDCD4 (phospho S457) antibodySee all PDCD4 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PDCD4 (phospho S457)
- Specificityab74141 detects endogenous levels of PDCD4 when phosphorylated at serine 457.
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthesized phosphopeptide derived from human PDCD4 around the phosphorylation site of serine 457 (F-V-SP-E-G).
- Positive controlIHC-P: Human breast carcinoma tissue. WB: 293 cells treated with serum (20%, 15mins).
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThe antibody was purified by affinity chromatography using epitope specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab74141 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 52 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/50 - 1/100.|
- FunctionInhibits translation initiation and cap-dependent translation. May excert its function by hindering the interaction between EIF4A1 and EIF4G. Inhibits the helicase activity of EIF4A. Modulates the activation of JUN kinase. Down-regulates the expression of MAP4K1, thus inhibiting events important in driving invasion, namely, MAPK85 activation and consequent JUN-dependent transcription. May play a role in apoptosis. Tumor suppressor. Inhibits tumor promoter-induced neoplastic transformation. Binds RNA.
- Tissue specificityUp-regulated in proliferative cells. Highly expressed in epithelial cells of the mammary gland. Reduced expression in lung cancer and colon carcinoma.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PDCD4 family.
Contains 2 MI domains.
- DomainBinds EIF4A1 via both MI domains.
modificationsPolyubiquitinated, leading to its proteasomal degradation. Rapidly degraded in response to mitogens. Phosphorylation of the phosphodegron promotes interaction with BTRC and proteasomal degradation.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Shuttles between the nucleus and cytoplasm. Predominantly nuclear under normal growth conditions, and when phosphorylated at Ser-457. Exported from the nucleus in the absence of serum.
- Death up-regulated gene protein antibodyDug antibodyH731 antibody
- Ma3 antibodyMGC33046 antibodyMGC33047 antibodyNeoplastic transformation inhibitor antibodyNeoplastic transformation inhibitor protein antibodyNuclear antigen H731 antibodyNuclear antigen H731 like antibodyNuclear antigen H731 like protein antibodyNuclear antigen H731-like antibodyPDCD 4 antibodyPdcd4 antibodyPDCD4_HUMAN antibodyProgrammed cell death 4 antibodyprogrammed cell death 4 (neoplastic transformation inhibitor) antibodyProgrammed cell death protein 4 antibodyProtein 197/15a antibodyProtein MA-3 antibodyRP11 348N5.4 antibodyTis antibodyTopoisomerase-inhibitor suppressed protein antibody
Anti-PDCD4 (phospho S457) antibody images
Paraffin embedded human breast carcinoma tissue stained with ab74141 at a 1/50 dilution.
1: No phosphopeptide
2: Phosphopeptide present
All lanes : Anti-PDCD4 (phospho S457) antibody (ab74141) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : extracts from 293 cells treated with serum (20%, 15mins)
Lane 2 : extracts from 293 cells treated with serum (20%, 15mins) with phosphopeptide at 5 µg
Lysates/proteins at 5 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 52 kDa
Observed band size : 52 kDa
References for Anti-PDCD4 (phospho S457) antibody (ab74141)
ab74141 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.