Anti-PDGF Receptor alpha antibody (ab65258)
- Product nameAnti-PDGF Receptor alpha antibodySee all PDGF Receptor alpha primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PDGF Receptor alpha
- SpecificityThis antibody will cross-react with both the phosphorylated and non-phosphorylated protein.
- Tested applicationsELISA, IHC-P, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
KLH conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acid residues surrounding Y720 of human PDGF Receptor alpha.
- Positive control293 cell lysate.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThis antibody was purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab65258 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 19015157|
|WB||WB: 1/50 - 1/100. Detects a band of approximately 130 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 123 kDa).|
- FunctionReceptor that binds both PDGFA and PDGFB and has a tyrosine-protein kinase activity.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in primary and metastatic colon tumors and in normal colon tissue. Tumors may express a different isoform to that found in normal tissue.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=A chromosomal aberration involving PDGFRA is found in some cases of hypereosinophilic syndrome. Interstitial chromosomal deletion del(4)(q12q12) causes the fusion of FIP1L1 and PDGFRA (FIP1L1-PDGFRA).
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. CSF-1/PDGF receptor subfamily.
Contains 5 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- Alpha platelet derived growth factor receptor antibodyAlpha-type platelet-derived growth factor receptor antibodyCD 140a antibody
- CD140 antigen-like family member A antibodyCD140a antibodyCD140a antigen antibodyMGC74795 antibodyPDGF alpha chain antibodyPDGF R alpha antibodyPDGF-R-alpha antibodyPDGFR 2 antibodyPDGFR A antibodyPDGFR alpha antibodyPDGFR2 antibodyPDGFRA antibodyPDGFRA/BCR fusion antibodyPGFRA_HUMAN antibodyPlatelet derived growth factor receptor 2 antibodyPlatelet derived growth factor receptor alpha antibodyPlatelet derived growth factor receptor alpha polypeptide antibodyPlatelet derived growth factor receptor antibodyRearranged in hypereosinophilia platelet derived growth factor receptor alpha fusion protein antibodyRHEPDGFRA antibody
Anti-PDGF Receptor alpha antibody images
All lanes : Anti-PDGF Receptor alpha antibody (ab65258) at 1/50 dilution
Lane 1 : 293 cell lysate, nontransfected
Lane 2 : 293 cell lysate, transiently transfected with the PDGFRA gene
Lysates/proteins at 2 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 123 kDa
Observed band size : 130 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 40 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
References for Anti-PDGF Receptor alpha antibody (ab65258)
This product has been referenced in:
- Francis GJ et al. Intranasal insulin prevents cognitive decline, cerebral atrophy and white matter changes in murine type I diabetic encephalopathy. Brain 131:3311-34 (2008). IHC-P ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 19015157) »