Anti-PDI antibody - ER Marker (ab3672)
- Product nameAnti-PDI antibody - ER MarkerSee all PDI primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PDI - ER Marker
- SpecificityPDI runs at 61.2 kD on samples from human placenta. In samples from rat liver, it runs at 59 kD, but 3 other bands may appear due to protein degradation - these run at 58.9 kD, 55.2 kD and 53.8 kD.
- Tested applicationsICC, WB, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Cow, Human, African Green Monkey, Chinese Hamster
Full length protein.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3672 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ICC/IF: 1/600 (PMID 19059915).
WB: 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately ~60 kDa.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionActs as an intracellular estrogen-binding protein. May be involved in modulating cellular levels and biological functions of estrogens in the pancreas. May act as a chaperone that inhibits aggregation of misfolded proteins.
- Tissue specificityHighly expressed in pancreas (at protein level).
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein disulfide isomerase family.
Contains 2 thioredoxin domains.
modificationsThe disulfide-linked homodimer exhibits an enhanced chaperone activity.
- Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum lumen.
- P4HB antibodyPancreas specific protein disulfide isomerase antibodyPancreas-specific protein disulfide isomerase antibody
- Pancreatic protein disulfide isomerase antibodyPDA2 antibodyPDI antibodyPDIA2 antibodyPDIA2_HUMAN antibodyPDIP antibodyPDIR antibodyProtein disulfide isomerase A2 antibodyProtein disulfide isomerase antibodyProtein disulfide isomerase associated 2 antibodyProtein disulfide isomerase family A member 2 antibodyProtein disulfide isomerase pancreatic antibodyProtein disulfide-isomerase A2 antibodyRho GDP dissociation inhibitor gamma antibody
Anti-PDI antibody - ER Marker images
Anti-PDI antibody - ER Marker (ab3672) at 1/1000 dilution + PC12 whole cell lysate at 20 µg
HRP conjugated swine anti-rabbit antibody
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Observed band size : 60 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 36 kDa,48 kDa,58 kDa,75 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 2 minutes
ab3672 at 1/400 staining mouse kidney tissue sections by IHC-P. The tissue was formladehyde fixed and a heat mediated antigen retrieval step was performed in citrate buffer. The tissue was incubated with the primary antibody for 30 minutes at 22°C and then an HRP conjugated goat anti-rabbit antibody was used as the secondary.
ab3672 staining mouse cortical oligodendrocytes from vibratome sections by IHC-Fr. Sections were fixed in Somogyi (PFA + glutaraldehyde + picric acid) or PLP (Periodate-lysine-PFA) and permeabilized in TX-100, prior to blocking with 2.5% serum for 2 hours at 25°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/1000 and incubated with the sample for 18 hours at 25°C. A TRITC conjugated pig anti-rabbit IgG antibody, diluted 1/1000, was used as the secondary.
ab3672 staining PDI - ER in human HaCaT Keratinocyte by ICC/IF. The cells were paraformaldehyde fixed, permeabilized in 0.25% triton X-100 buffer and blocked in 2.5% BSA plus 1% goat serum for 1 hour at 4°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/100 and incubated with sample for 1 hour at 24°C. An Alexa Fluor® 488 conjugated goat polyclonal to rabbit IgG, diluted 1/1000 was used as secondary.
ICC/IF image of ab3672 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab3672, 1æg/ml) overnight at +4øC. The secondary antibody (green)ÿwas Alexa Fluor© 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor© 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43æM.
References for Anti-PDI antibody - ER Marker (ab3672)
This product has been referenced in:
- Mogilenko DA et al. Endogenous apolipoprotein A-I stabilizes ATP-binding cassette transporter A1 and modulates Toll-like receptor 4 signaling in human macrophages. FASEB J 26:2019-30 (2012). ICC/IF . Read more (PubMed: 22271762) »
- Kuksin D & Norkin LC Disassembly of simian virus 40 during passage through the endoplasmic reticulum and in the cytoplasm. J Virol 86:1555-62 (2012). ICC/IF . Read more (PubMed: 22090139) »