Anti-PDPK1 antibody (ab2495)
- Product nameAnti-PDPK1 antibodySee all PDPK1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PDPK1
- SpecificityThis antibody is primarily directed against 60,000 MW human PDPK1 and is useful in determining its presence in various assays. It predominantly recognizes a 60 kDa band on Western blots.
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Peptide sequence: RKIQEVWRQRYQS (amino acids 301-312).
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage buffer0.02 M Potassium Phosphate, 0.15 M Sodium Chloride, 0.01% Sodium Azide, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThis is an affinity purified antibody produced by immunoaffinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide after immobilization to a solid phase.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab2495 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
(previously used at this dilution to detect PDK 1 in lysates derived from Sf9 insect cells infected with virus expressing myc-tagged human PDK 1.
Although untested, this reagent may be useful for immunohistochemistry and immunoprecipitation.
- FunctionPhosphorylates and activates not only PKB/AKT, but also PKA, PKC-zeta, RPS6KA1 and RPS6KB1. May play a general role in signaling processes and in development (By similarity). Isoform 3 is catalytically inactive.
- Tissue specificityAppears to be expressed ubiquitously.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. PDK1 subfamily.
Contains 1 PH domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated on tyrosine and serine/threonine. Phosphorylation on Ser-241 in the activation loop is required for full activity. PDK1 itself can autophosphorylate Ser-241, leading to its own activation.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Membrane. Membrane-associated after cell stimulation leading to its translocation. Tyrosine phosphorylation seems to occur only at the plasma membrane.
- 3 Phosphoinositide Dependent Protein Kinase 1 antibody
- 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1 antibody
- hPDK 1 antibody
- hPDK1 antibody
- MGC20087 antibody
- MGC35290 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000159109 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000159110 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000174525 antibody
- PDK1 antibody
- PDPK1 antibody
- PDPK1_HUMAN antibody
- PkB kinase antibody
- PkB kinase like gene 1 antibody
- PkB like 1 antibody
- PRO0461 antibody
- Protein kinase antibody
Anti-PDPK1 antibody images
Immunoblot of Sf9 insect cell lysate. Affinity purified anti-Human PDPK1 detects 60 kDa human PDPK1 in lysates from myc-tagged human PDPK1 virus infected Sf9 cells. A 1/750 dilution is suggested followed by reaction with HRP conjugated Goat-anti-Rabbit IgG [H&L] and chemiluminescent detection. Other detection systems will yield similar results.
References for Anti-PDPK1 antibody (ab2495)
ab2495 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.