Anti-PDPK1 antibody (ab31406)
- Product nameAnti-PDPK1 antibodySee all PDPK1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PDPK1
- SpecificityPDPK1 antibody detects endogenous levels of PDPK1 protein around the phosphorylation site of Serine 241.
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA, IHC-P, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic non-phosphopeptide derived from human PDPK1 around the phosphorylation site of Serine 241.
- Positive control
- MDA-MB-435 cells treated with EGF and COS7 cells treated with TNF alpha. Detected in heart, testes and kidney tissue.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab31406 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 63 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/200. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
- FunctionPhosphorylates and activates not only PKB/AKT, but also PKA, PKC-zeta, RPS6KA1 and RPS6KB1. May play a general role in signaling processes and in development (By similarity). Isoform 3 is catalytically inactive.
- Tissue specificityAppears to be expressed ubiquitously.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. PDK1 subfamily.
Contains 1 PH domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated on tyrosine and serine/threonine. Phosphorylation on Ser-241 in the activation loop is required for full activity. PDK1 itself can autophosphorylate Ser-241, leading to its own activation.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Membrane. Membrane-associated after cell stimulation leading to its translocation. Tyrosine phosphorylation seems to occur only at the plasma membrane.
- 3 Phosphoinositide Dependent Protein Kinase 1 antibody
- 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1 antibody
- hPDK 1 antibody
- hPDK1 antibody
- MGC20087 antibody
- MGC35290 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000159109 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000159110 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000174525 antibody
- PDK1 antibody
- PDPK1 antibody
- PDPK1_HUMAN antibody
- PkB kinase antibody
- PkB kinase like gene 1 antibody
- PkB like 1 antibody
- PRO0461 antibody
- Protein kinase antibody
Anti-PDPK1 antibody images
ab31406 staining PDPK1 in breast carcinoma by Immunohistochemistry, Paraffin Embedded Tissue.
Left image : ab31406 (1/200)
Right image : ab31406 (1/200) pre-incubated with blocking peptide (negative control).
ab31406 at 1/200 staining mouse cystic kidney tissue sections by IHC-P. The tissue was formaldehyde fixed and a heat mediated antigen retrieval step in citrate buffer was performed. The tissue was then blocked in serum for 25 minutes before incubation with the antibody. An HRP conjugated goat anti-rabbit antibody was used as the secondary.
ab31406 staining rat heart tissue sections by IHC-P. Sections were formaldehyde fixed and subjected to heat mediated antigen retrieval prior to blocking in 1% serum for 25 minutes at 22°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/200 and incubated with the sample for 30 minutes at 22°C. A HRP-conjugated goat anti-rabbit antibody was used as the secodary.
Anti-PDPK1 antibody (ab31406) at 1/1000 dilution +
Active human PDPK1 full length protein (ab60834) at 0.01 µg
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Exposure time : 10 seconds
References for Anti-PDPK1 antibody (ab31406)
This product has been referenced in:
- Kucherlapati MH et al. Genotype directed therapy in murine mismatch repair deficient tumors. PLoS One 8:e68817 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23935891) »
- So T et al. OX40 Complexes with Phosphoinositide 3-Kinase and Protein Kinase B (PKB) To Augment TCR-Dependent PKB Signaling. J Immunol 186:3547-55 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21289304) »