Anti-PER2 antibody (ab118489)
- Product nameAnti-PER2 antibodySee all PER2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to PER2
- Tested applicationsIHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide: C-DQQPKAPLTRDE with a Cysteine residue linker, corresponding to amino acids 1029-1040 of Human PER2 (NP_073728.1).
- Positive controlHuman heart and placenta tissues.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, 99% Tris buffered saline
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab118489 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 3.75 - 7.5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionComponent of the circadian clock mechanism which is essential for generating circadian rhythms. Negative element in the circadian transcriptional loop. Influences clock function by interacting with other circadian regulatory proteins and transporting them to the nucleus. Negatively regulates CLOCK
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed. Found in heart, brain, placenta, lung, liver, skeletal muscle, kidney and pancreas. High levels in skeletal muscle and pancreas. Low level in lung.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in PER2 are a cause of familial advanced sleep-phase syndrome (FASPS) [MIM:604348]. FASPS is characterized by very early sleep onset and offset. Individuals are 'morning larks' with a 4 hours advance of the sleep, temperature and melatonin rhythms.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 PAC (PAS-associated C-terminal) domain.
Contains 2 PAS (PER-ARNT-SIM) domains.
modificationsPhosphorylated by CSNK1E and CSNK1D. Phosphorylation results in PER2 protein degradation.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Mainly nuclear. Nucleocytoplasmic shuttling is effected by interaction with other circadian core oscillator proteins and/or by phosphorylation. Retention of PER1 in the cytoplasm occurs through PER1-PER2 heterodimer formation or by interaction with CSNK1E and/or phosphorylation which appears to mask the PER nuclear localization signal. Also translocated to the nucleus by CRY1 or CRY2.
- Circadian clock protein PERIOD 2 antibodyFASPS antibodyhPER 2 antibody
- hPER2 antibodyKIAA0347 antibodyOTTHUMP00000164476 antibodyPER 2 antibodyPER2 antibodyPER2_HUMAN antibodyPeriod 2 antibodyPeriod 2 isoform 1 antibodyPeriod circadian protein 2 antibodyPeriod circadian protein homolog 2 antibodyPeriod homolog 2 (Drosophila) antibodyPeriod homolog 2 antibodyPeriod2 antibody
Anti-PER2 antibody images
ab118489 at 7.5µg/ml staining PER2 in Formalin-fixed, Paraffin-embedded Human heart tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
ab118489 at 7.5µg/ml staining PER2 in Formalin-fixed, Paraffin-embedded Human placenta tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
References for Anti-PER2 antibody (ab118489)
ab118489 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.