Anti-PGP9.5 antibody [13C4 / I3C4] - Neuronal Marker (ab8189)
- Product nameAnti-PGP9.5 antibody [13C4 / I3C4] - Neuronal MarkerSee all PGP9.5 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [13C4 / I3C4] to PGP9.5 - Neuronal Marker
- SpecificityThis antibody reacts with human neuroendocrine marker PGP 9.5.
- Tested applicationsICC, ICC/IF, IHC-FoFr, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Rabbit, Guinea pig, Dog, Human, Pig, Zebrafish
PGP 9.5 from human brain.
- Positive controlIn Western Blot, ab8189 gave a positive signal in the following lysates: human, mouse and rat brain tissue; rat cortex tissue; human spinal cord tissue; SHSY5Y whole cell. This antibody also gave a positive result in IHC in the following FFPE tissue: Rat normal pancreas.
- General notes
This antibody labels the neuronal cell bodies and axons in central and peripheral neural system. Small nerve fibers in peripheral tissues, neuroendocrine cells in normal pituitary thyroid, pancreas, and gastrointestinal tract, as well as derived tumors are also stained with this antibody.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Do not freeze.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Primary antibody notes This antibody labels the neuronal cell bodies and axons in central and peripheral neural system. Small nerve fibers in peripheral tissues, neuroendocrine cells in normal pituitary thyroid, pancreas, and gastrointestinal tract, as well as derived tumors are also stained with this antibody.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number13C4 / I3C4
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab8189 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ICC/IF: 1/20 - 1/50.
IHC-FoFr: 1/10 - 1/20.
IHC-P: 1/10 - 1/20. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
WB: Use at a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 25 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 25 kDa).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionUbiquitin-protein hydrolase involved both in the processing of ubiquitin precursors and of ubiquitinated proteins. This enzyme is a thiol protease that recognizes and hydrolyzes a peptide bond at the C-terminal glycine of ubiquitin. Also binds to free monoubiquitin and may prevent its degradation in lysosomes. The homodimer may have ATP-independent ubiquitin ligase activity.
- Tissue specificityFound in neuronal cell bodies and processes throughout the neocortex (at protein level). Expressed in neurons and cells of the diffuse neuroendocrine system and their tumors. Weakly expressed in ovary. Down-regulated in brains from Parkinson disease and Alzheimer disease patients.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in UCHL1 are the cause of Parkinson disease type 5 (PARK5) [MIM:613643]; also known as Parkinson disease autosomal dominant 5. PARK5 is a complex neurodegenerative disorder with manifestations ranging from typical Parkinson disease to dementia with Lewy bodies. Clinical features include parkinsonian symptoms (resting tremor, rigidity, postural instability and bradykinesia), dementia, diffuse Lewy body pathology, autonomic dysfunction, hallucinations and paranoia.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C12 family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Endoplasmic reticulum membrane. About 30% of total UCHL1 is associated with membranes in brain.
- Entrez Gene: 479098 Dog
- Entrez Gene: 7345 Human
- Entrez Gene: 22223 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 396637 Pig
- Entrez Gene: 29545 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 325119 Zebrafish
- Omim: 191342 Human
- SwissProt: P09936 Human
- SwissProt: Q9R0P9 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q6SEG5 Pig
- SwissProt: Q00981 Rat
- Unigene: 518731 Human
- Unigene: 29807 Mouse
- Unigene: 107213 Rat
- Gracile axonal dystrophy antibodyNeuron cytoplasmic protein 9.5 antibodyOTTHUMP00000218137 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000218139 antibodyOTTHUMP00000218140 antibodyOTTHUMP00000218141 antibodyPark 5 antibodyPARK5 antibodyParkinson Disease 5 antibodyPGP 9.5 antibodyPGP9.5 antibodyPGP95 antibodyProtein gene product 9.5 antibodyUbiquitin C terminal esterase L1 antibodyUbiquitin C terminal hydrolase (neuron specific) antibodyUbiquitin C terminal hydrolase antibodyUbiquitin carboxyl terminal esterase L1 antibodyUbiquitin carboxyl terminal hydrolase isozyme L1 antibodyUbiquitin carboxyl-terminal hydrolase isozyme L1 antibodyUbiquitin thioesterase L1 antibodyUbiquitin thiolesterase antibodyUbiquitin thiolesterase L1 antibodyUCH L1 antibodyUCH-L1 antibodyUCHL1 antibodyUCHL1_HUMAN antibody
Anti-PGP9.5 antibody [13C4 / I3C4] - Neuronal Marker images
ab8189 (1/20) immunostaining neurons in mouse cortical primary cell culture.
IHC-P image of PGP9.5 staining on zebrafish brain using ab8189 (1:1000). The sections were subjected to heat mediated antigen retrieval using citric acid. The sections were then blocked using 1% BSA for 10 mins for 21°C. The primary antibody (ab8189) was incubated at a dilution of 1:1000 at 21°C for 16 hours. The secondary antibody used was undiluted goat polyclonal to Mouse IgG conjugated to biotin.
IHC-P image of PGP9.5 staining on P5 mouse skin sections using ab8189 (1:1000). The sections were de paraffinized and subjected to heat meadiated antigen retrieval using citric acid. The sections were then blocked using 1% BSA for 10 mins at 21°C. ab8189 was then incubated for 16 hours at 21°C. the secondary antibidy used was Got polyclonal to anti mouse IgG conjugated to biotin (1:200).
IHC image of PGP9.5 staining in Rat pancreas formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab8189, 0.02µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
All lanes : Anti-PGP9.5 antibody [13C4 / I3C4] - Neuronal Marker (ab8189) at 5 µg/ml
Lane 1 :
Brain (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29466)
Lane 2 : Brain (Rat) Tissue Lysate
Lane 3 : Brain (Mouse) Tissue Lysate
Lane 4 : Rat Cortex Tissue Lysate
Lane 5 : SHSY-5Y (Human neuroblastoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 6 :
Spinal Cord (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29188)
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Mouse IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97040) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 25 kDa
Observed band size : 25 kDa
Exposure time : 1 minute
References for Anti-PGP9.5 antibody [13C4 / I3C4] - Neuronal Marker (ab8189)
This product has been referenced in:
- Liu J et al. Alterations of calcium channels and cell excitability in intracardiac ganglion neurons from type 2 diabetic rats. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 302:C1119-27 (2012). IHC . Read more (PubMed: 22189553) »
- Chalazonitis A et al. Homeodomain Interacting Protein Kinase 2 Regulates Postnatal Development of Enteric Dopaminergic Neurons and Glia via BMP Signaling. J Neurosci 31:13746-57 (2011). IHC-FoFr ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 21957238) »