Anti-PGP9.5 antibody - Neuronal Marker (ab11145)
- Product nameAnti-PGP9.5 antibody - Neuronal MarkerSee all PGP9.5 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to PGP9.5 - Neuronal Marker
- SpecificityAb11145 recognises human protein gene product 9.5 (PGP9.5).
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Horse, Guinea pig, Cow, Pig
Synthetic peptide: NFRKKQIEELKGQEVSPK, corresponding to amino acids 46 - 63 of Human PGP9.5.
- Positive controlCytoplasm of neurons. Soluble brain protein extract.
- General notesThis product should be stored undiluted. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: Whole Serum
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11145 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Detects a band of approximately 27 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 26.8 kDa).|
- FunctionUbiquitin-protein hydrolase involved both in the processing of ubiquitin precursors and of ubiquitinated proteins. This enzyme is a thiol protease that recognizes and hydrolyzes a peptide bond at the C-terminal glycine of ubiquitin. Also binds to free monoubiquitin and may prevent its degradation in lysosomes. The homodimer may have ATP-independent ubiquitin ligase activity.
- Tissue specificityFound in neuronal cell bodies and processes throughout the neocortex (at protein level). Expressed in neurons and cells of the diffuse neuroendocrine system and their tumors. Weakly expressed in ovary. Down-regulated in brains from Parkinson disease and Alzheimer disease patients.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in UCHL1 are the cause of Parkinson disease type 5 (PARK5) [MIM:613643]; also known as Parkinson disease autosomal dominant 5. PARK5 is a complex neurodegenerative disorder with manifestations ranging from typical Parkinson disease to dementia with Lewy bodies. Clinical features include parkinsonian symptoms (resting tremor, rigidity, postural instability and bradykinesia), dementia, diffuse Lewy body pathology, autonomic dysfunction, hallucinations and paranoia.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C12 family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Endoplasmic reticulum membrane. About 30% of total UCHL1 is associated with membranes in brain.
- Entrez Gene: 514394 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 100033838 Horse
- Entrez Gene: 7345 Human
- Entrez Gene: 22223 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 396637 Pig
- Entrez Gene: 29545 Rat
- Omim: 191342 Human
- SwissProt: P23356 Cow
- SwissProt: Q9GM50 Horse
- SwissProt: Q9GM50 Horse
- SwissProt: P09936 Human
- SwissProt: Q9R0P9 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q6SEG5 Pig
- SwissProt: Q00981 Rat
- Unigene: 518731 Human
- Unigene: 29807 Mouse
- Unigene: 107213 Rat
- Gracile axonal dystrophy antibodyGracile axonal dystrophy antibodyNeuron cytoplasmic protein 9.5 antibody
- Neuron cytoplasmic protein 9.5 antibodyOTTHUMP00000218137 antibodyOTTHUMP00000218139 antibodyOTTHUMP00000218140 antibodyOTTHUMP00000218141 antibodyPark 5 antibodyPark5 antibodyPark5 antibodyParkinson Disease 5 antibodyParkinson Disease 5 antibodyPGP 9.5 antibodyPGP 9.5 antibodyPGP9.5 antibodyPGP9.5 antibodyPGP95 antibodyProtein gene product 9.5 antibodyProtein gene product 9.5 antibodyUbiquitin C terminal esterase L1 antibodyUbiquitin C terminal esterase L1 antibodyUbiquitin C terminal hydrolase (neuron specific) antibodyUbiquitin C terminal hydrolase (neuron specific) antibodyUbiquitin C terminal hydrolase antibodyUbiquitin carboxyl terminal esterase L1 antibodyUbiquitin carboxyl terminal esterase L1 antibodyUbiquitin carboxyl terminal hydrolase isozyme L1 antibodyUbiquitin carboxyl terminal hydrolase isozyme L1 antibodyUbiquitin carboxyl-terminal hydrolase isozyme L1 antibodyUbiquitin thioesterase L1 antibodyUbiquitin thiolesterase antibodyUbiquitin thiolesterase antibodyUbiquitin thiolesterase L1 antibodyUbiquitin thiolesterase L1 antibodyUCH L1 antibodyUCH L1 antibodyUCH-L1 antibodyUCHL1 antibodyUCHL1 antibodyUCHL1_HUMAN antibody
References for Anti-PGP9.5 antibody - Neuronal Marker (ab11145)
This product has been referenced in:
- Harriott AM & Gold MS Serotonin type 1D receptors (5HTR) are differentially distributed in nerve fibres innervating craniofacial tissues. Cephalalgia 28:933-44 (2008). WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 18557979) »