Anti-PGP9.5 antibody (ab53057)
- Product nameAnti-PGP9.5 antibodySee all PGP9.5 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PGP9.5
- Specificityab53057 detects endogenous levels of total PGP9.5 protein.
- Tested applicationsELISA, IHC-P, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
Synthetic peptide peptide derived from human PGP9.5.
- Positive control
- WB: Extracts from 293 cells IHC-P: Human brain tissue
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS, 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThe antibody was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope-specific immunogen.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53057 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 25 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 25 kDa).|
- FunctionUbiquitin-protein hydrolase involved both in the processing of ubiquitin precursors and of ubiquitinated proteins. This enzyme is a thiol protease that recognizes and hydrolyzes a peptide bond at the C-terminal glycine of ubiquitin. Also binds to free monoubiquitin and may prevent its degradation in lysosomes. The homodimer may have ATP-independent ubiquitin ligase activity.
- Tissue specificityFound in neuronal cell bodies and processes throughout the neocortex (at protein level). Expressed in neurons and cells of the diffuse neuroendocrine system and their tumors. Weakly expressed in ovary. Down-regulated in brains from Parkinson disease and Alzheimer disease patients.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in UCHL1 are the cause of Parkinson disease type 5 (PARK5) [MIM:613643]; also known as Parkinson disease autosomal dominant 5. PARK5 is a complex neurodegenerative disorder with manifestations ranging from typical Parkinson disease to dementia with Lewy bodies. Clinical features include parkinsonian symptoms (resting tremor, rigidity, postural instability and bradykinesia), dementia, diffuse Lewy body pathology, autonomic dysfunction, hallucinations and paranoia.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C12 family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Endoplasmic reticulum membrane. About 30% of total UCHL1 is associated with membranes in brain.
- Gracile axonal dystrophy antibody
- Neuron cytoplasmic protein 9.5 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000218137 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000218139 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000218140 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000218141 antibody
- Park 5 antibody
- Park5 antibody
- Parkinson Disease 5 antibody
- PGP 9.5 antibody
- PGP9.5 antibody
- PGP95 antibody
- Protein gene product 9.5 antibody
- Ubiquitin C terminal esterase L1 antibody
- Ubiquitin C terminal hydrolase (neuron specific) antibody
- Ubiquitin C terminal hydrolase antibody
- Ubiquitin carboxyl terminal esterase L1 antibody
- Ubiquitin carboxyl terminal hydrolase isozyme L1 antibody
- Ubiquitin carboxyl-terminal hydrolase isozyme L1 antibody
- Ubiquitin thioesterase L1 antibody
- Ubiquitin thiolesterase antibody
- Ubiquitin thiolesterase L1 antibody
- UCH L1 antibody
- UCH-L1 antibody
- UCHL1 antibody
- UCHL1_HUMAN antibody
Anti-PGP9.5 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-PGP9.5 antibody (ab53057) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Extracts from 293 cells, no immunising peptide
Lane 2 : Extracts from 293 cells, immunising peptide present
Predicted band size : 25 kDa
Observed band size : 25 kDa
ab53057, at a dilution of 1/50, staining paraffin embedded human brain tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry.
Left image: no immunising peptide
Right image: immunising peptide present
References for Anti-PGP9.5 antibody (ab53057)
ab53057 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.