Anti-PGP9.5 antibody (ab72911)
- Product nameAnti-PGP9.5 antibodySee all PGP9.5 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal to PGP9.5
- Tested applicationsIHC-Fr, IHC-P, WB, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
Recombinant full length human PGP9.5 purified from E. coli.
- Positive control
- Rat hippocampal cell homogenate and rat spinal cord tissue.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 10mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: Tissue culture supernatant
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab72911 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||WB: 1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 43 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 25 kDa).|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
- FunctionUbiquitin-protein hydrolase involved both in the processing of ubiquitin precursors and of ubiquitinated proteins. This enzyme is a thiol protease that recognizes and hydrolyzes a peptide bond at the C-terminal glycine of ubiquitin. Also binds to free monoubiquitin and may prevent its degradation in lysosomes. The homodimer may have ATP-independent ubiquitin ligase activity.
- Tissue specificityFound in neuronal cell bodies and processes throughout the neocortex (at protein level). Expressed in neurons and cells of the diffuse neuroendocrine system and their tumors. Weakly expressed in ovary. Down-regulated in brains from Parkinson disease and Alzheimer disease patients.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in UCHL1 are the cause of Parkinson disease type 5 (PARK5) [MIM:613643]; also known as Parkinson disease autosomal dominant 5. PARK5 is a complex neurodegenerative disorder with manifestations ranging from typical Parkinson disease to dementia with Lewy bodies. Clinical features include parkinsonian symptoms (resting tremor, rigidity, postural instability and bradykinesia), dementia, diffuse Lewy body pathology, autonomic dysfunction, hallucinations and paranoia.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C12 family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Endoplasmic reticulum membrane. About 30% of total UCHL1 is associated with membranes in brain.
- Gracile axonal dystrophy antibody
- Neuron cytoplasmic protein 9.5 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000218137 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000218139 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000218140 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000218141 antibody
- Park 5 antibody
- PARK5 antibody
- PGP 9.5 antibody
- PGP9.5 antibody
- PGP95 antibody
- Protein gene product 9.5 antibody
- Ubiquitin C terminal esterase L1 antibody
- Ubiquitin C terminal hydrolase (neuron specific) antibody
- Ubiquitin C terminal hydrolase antibody
- Ubiquitin carboxyl terminal esterase L1 antibody
- Ubiquitin carboxyl terminal hydrolase isozyme L1 antibody
- Ubiquitin carboxyl-terminal hydrolase isozyme L1 antibody
- Ubiquitin thioesterase L1 antibody
- Ubiquitin thiolesterase antibody
- Ubiquitin thiolesterase L1 antibody
- UCH L1 antibody
- UCH-L1 antibody
- UCHL 1 antibody
- UCHL1 antibody
- UCHL1_HUMAN antibody
Anti-PGP9.5 antibody images
Overlay histogram showing SH-SY5Y cells stained with ab72911 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab72911, 1μg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H&L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2μg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control. Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter. This antibody gave a positive signal in SH-SY5Y cells fixed with 80% methanol (5 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
Anti-PGP9.5 antibody (ab72911) at 1/5000 dilution + rat hippocampal homogenate
Predicted band size : 25 kDa
Observed band size : <43 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
ab72911 at 1/500 dilution staining PGP9.5 in rat spinal cord by Immunofluorescence (shown in red). Anti-neurofilament NF-H antibody staining is shown in green. The large cells are a-motorneurons and PGP9.5 fills the cytoplasm of their perikarya and dendrites.
References for Anti-PGP9.5 antibody (ab72911)
This product has been referenced in:
- Verkerk AO et al. Functional Nav1.8 channels in intracardiac neurons: the link between SCN10A and cardiac electrophysiology. Circ Res 111:333-43 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22723301) »
- Siman R et al. Evidence that a Panel of Neurodegeneration Biomarkers Predicts Vasospasm, Infarction, and Outcome in Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage. PLoS One 6:e28938 (2011). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22174930) »