Anti-PI 3 Kinase p85 alpha + Gamma (phospho Y467 + Y199) antibody (ab63566)
- Product nameAnti-PI 3 Kinase p85 alpha + Gamma (phospho Y467 + Y199) antibodySee all PI 3 Kinase p85 alpha + Gamma primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PI 3 Kinase p85 alpha + Gamma (phospho Y467 + Y199)
- Specificityab63566 detects endogenous levels of PI 3 kinase p85 alpha/gamma only when phosphorylated at tyrosine 467/199.
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthesized phosphopeptide derived from human PI3-kinase p85-subunit alpha/gamma around the phosphorylation site of tyrosine 467/199 (R-L-YP-E-E).
- Positive controlCOS7 cytoplasmic lysate NIH/3T3 cells
- General notesRecognises around amino acid 467 in the alpha form and around amino acid 199 in the gamma form.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS, 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesAffinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab63566 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 85 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/500 - 1/1000.|
- RelevanceThe enzyme phosphatidylinositol 3 kinase (PI3 kinase) is a lipid kinase that generates phosphatidylinositol 3, 4, 5-triphosphate in response to receptor activation in many signal transduction pathways. Class IA PI3Ks exist as a heterodimer of a catalytic 110 kDa (p110) and a regulatory p85 subunit (e.g. p85 alpha). p85 alpha is an adaptor molecule that regulates the activity of the catalytic p110 subunit by binding to phosphorylated receptor tyrosine kinases (RTKs) through its SH2 domain and mediating the interaction between p110 and the plasma membrane. p85 alpha is necessary for insulin-stimulated increase in glucose uptake and glycogen synthesis in insulin-sensitive tissues.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic
- Entrez Gene: 5295 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8503 Human
- Entrez Gene: 18708 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 18710 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 25513 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 60664 Rat
- Omim: 171833 Human
- Omim: 606076 Human
- SwissProt: P27986 Human
- SwissProt: Q92569 Human
- SwissProt: P26450 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q64143 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q63787 Rat
- SwissProt: Q63789 Rat
- Unigene: 132225 Human
- Unigene: 170510 Human
- Unigene: 253819 Mouse
- Unigene: 44448 Rat
- GRB 1 antibodyGRB1 antibodyp55 antibody
- p55 GAMMA antibodyp85 alpha antibodyp85 antibodyp85a antibodyPhosphatidylinositol 3 kinase associated p85 alpha antibodyPhosphatidylinositol 3 kinase associated p85 gamma antibodyPhosphatidylinositol 3 kinase regulatory 1 antibodyPhosphatidylinositol 3 kinase regulatory 3 antibodyPhosphatidylinositol 3 kinase regulatory alpha subunit antibodyPhosphatidylinositol 3 kinase regulatory subunit alpha antibodyPhosphatidylinositol 3 kinase regulatory subunit polypeptide 1 antibodyPhosphoinositide 3 kinase regulatory subunit 1 antibodyPhosphoinositide 3 kinase regulatory subunit polypeptide 1 (p85 alpha) antibodyPhosphoinositide 3 kinase regulatory subunit polypeptide 1 antibodyPhosphoinositide 3 kinase, regulatory subunit 1 (alpha) antibodyPI3 kinase p85 alpha subunit antibodyPI3K antibodyPIK3R 1 antibodyPIK3R1 antibodyPIK3R3 antibodyPtdIns 3 kinase p85 alpha antibodyPtdIns 3 kinase p85 gamma antibody
Anti-PI 3 Kinase p85 alpha + Gamma (phospho Y467 + Y199) antibody images
All lanes : Anti-PI 3 Kinase p85 alpha + Gamma (phospho Y467 + Y199) antibody (ab63566) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Extracts from COS7 cells (5-30µg), treated with H2O2 (100uM, 30mins), minus immunising peptide
Lane 2 : Extracts from COS7 cells (5-30µg), treated with H2O2 (100uM, 30mins), plus immunising peptide (5-10µg)
Predicted band size : 85 kDa
Observed band size : 50 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Immunofluorescent staining of NIH/3T3 cells, using ab63566 at a 1/500 dilution, minus immunising peptide (left image) and plus immunising peptide (right image).
References for Anti-PI 3 Kinase p85 alpha + Gamma (phospho Y467 + Y199) antibody (ab63566)
This product has been referenced in:
- Han JW et al. Impaired PI3K/Akt signal pathway and hepatocellular injury in high-fat fed rats. World J Gastroenterol 16:6111-8 (2010). WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 21182226) »