Anti-PI 4 Kinase type 2 beta antibody (ab37812)
- Product nameAnti-PI 4 Kinase type 2 beta antibodySee all PI 4 Kinase type 2 beta primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PI 4 Kinase type 2 beta
- SpecificityThis antibody is specific for PI 4 Kinase type 2 beta.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, ELISA, WB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
A KLH conjugated synthetic peptide selected from aa 1~17 of human PI 4 Kinase type 2 beta (N Terminal).
- Positive controlHL-60 cell lysate and breast carcinoma tissue
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Purification notesThis antibody is purified through a protein G column and eluted out with both high and low pH buffers and neutralized immediately after elution then followed by dialysis against PBS.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab37812 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: 1/100 - 1/500. Detects a band of approximately 55 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 55 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/50 - 1/100.|
- FunctionTogether with PI4K2A and the type III PI4Ks (PIK4CA and PIK4CB) it contributes to the overall PI4-kinase activity of the cell. This contribution may be especially significant in plasma membrane, endosomal and Golgi compartments. The phosphorylation of phosphatidylinositol (PI) to PI4P is the first committed step in the generation of phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate (PIP2), a precursor of the second messenger inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate (InsP3). Contributes to the production of InsP3 in stimulated cells and is likely to be involved in the regulation of vesicular trafficking.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PI3/PI4-kinase family. Type II PI4K subfamily.
Contains 1 PI3K/PI4K domain.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Membrane. Mostly cytoplasmic but also found associated with the plasma membrane, the Golgi and endosomes. Compared to PI4K2A, a larger fraction of PI4K2B is cytosolic due to a smaller extent of palmitoylation. Translocates to membranes where it is recruited by PDGF stimulation by a Rac-GTP-dependent mechanism.
- 2610042N09Rik antibody4933409G22Rik antibodyFLJ11105 antibody
- FLJ11105 antibodyP4K2B_HUMAN antibodyPhosphatidylinositol 4 kinase type 2 beta antibodyPhosphatidylinositol 4 kinase type II beta antibodyPhosphatidylinositol 4 kinase type II beta antibodyPhosphatidylinositol 4-kinase type 2-beta antibodyPhosphatidylinositol 4-kinase type II-beta antibodyPI4K 2 beta antibodyPI4K 2 beta antibodyPI4K 2b antibodyPI4K 2b antibodyPI4K II beta antibodyPI4K II beta antibodyPI4K IIb antibodyPI4K IIb antibodyPi4k2b antibodyPI4KII-BETA antibodyPI4KIIb antibodyPIK42B antibodyType II phosphatidylinositol 4 kinase beta isoform antibodyType II phosphatidylinositol 4 kinase beta isoform antibody
Anti-PI 4 Kinase type 2 beta antibody images
Anti-PI 4 Kinase type 2 beta antibody (ab37812) at 1/100 dilution + HL-60 cell lysate
Predicted band size : 55 kDa
Observed band size : 55 kDa
PI 4 Kinase type 2 beta expression detected on human breast cancer tissue using ab37812 at a 1/50 dilution (with a peroxidase-conjugated secondary antibody, followed by AEC staining).
These data show the suitability of this antibody for immunohistochemistry; clinical relevance has not been evaluated.
ICC/IF image of ab37812 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab37812, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-PI 4 Kinase type 2 beta antibody (ab37812)
ab37812 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.