Anti-PIAS2 antibody [EPR2582(2)] (ab126601)
- Product nameAnti-PIAS2 antibody [EPR2582(2)]See all PIAS2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR2582(2)] to PIAS2
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to residues in Human PIAS2.
- Positive control
- HepG2 cell lysate; Human fetal kidney tissue lysate.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEPR2582(2)
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab126601 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 63 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 68 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/250 - 1/500.|
- FunctionFunctions as an E3-type small ubiquitin-like modifier (SUMO) ligase, stabilizing the interaction between UBE2I and the substrate, and as a SUMO-tethering factor. Plays a crucial role as a transcriptional coregulator in various cellular pathways, including the STAT pathway, the p53 pathway and the steroid hormone signaling pathway. The effects of this transcriptional coregulation, transactivation or silencing may vary depending upon the biological context and the PIAS2 isoform studied. However, it seems to be mostly involved in gene silencing. Binds to sumoylated ELK1 and enhances its transcriptional activity by preventing recruitment of HDAC2 by ELK1, thus reversing SUMO-mediated repression of ELK1 transactivation activity. Isoform PIAS2-beta, but not isoform PIAS2-alpha, promotes MDM2 sumoylation. Isoform PIAS2-alpha promotes PARK7 sumoylation. Isoform PIAS2-beta promotes NCOA2 sumoylation more efficiently than isoform PIAS2-alpha.
- Tissue specificityMainly expressed in testis. Isoform 3 is expressed predominantly in adult testis, weakly in pancreas, embryonic testis and sperm, and at very low levels in other organs.
- PathwayProtein modification; protein sumoylation.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PIAS family.
Contains 1 PINIT domain.
Contains 1 SAP domain.
Contains 1 SP-RING-type zinc finger.
- Developmental stageIsoform 3 expression in adult testis is 14.2-fold stronger than in embryonic testis.
- DomainThe LXXLL motif is a transcriptional coregulator signature.
- Cellular localizationNucleus speckle. Nucleus > PML body. Colocalizes at least partially with promyelocytic leukemia nuclear bodies.
- Androgen receptor interacting protein 3 antibody
- Androgen receptor-interacting protein 3 antibody
- ARIP3 antibody
- DAB2 interacting protein antibody
- DAB2-interacting protein antibody
- DIP antibody
- E3 SUMO protein ligase PIAS2 antibody
- E3 SUMO-protein ligase PIAS2 antibody
- MIZ antibody
- Miz1 antibody
- Msx interacting zinc finger protein antibody
- Msx-interacting zinc finger protein antibody
- PIAS NY protein antibody
- PIAS-NY protein antibody
- PIAS2 antibody
- PIAS2_HUMAN antibody
- PIASX antibody
- PIASX-ALPHA antibody
- PIASX-BETA antibody
- Protein inhibitor of activated STAT x antibody
- Protein inhibitor of activated STAT, 2 antibody
- Protein inhibitor of activated STAT2 antibody
- SIZ2 antibody
- Zinc finger, MIZ-type containing 4 antibody
- ZMIZ4 antibody
Anti-PIAS2 antibody [EPR2582(2)] images
All lanes : Anti-PIAS2 antibody [EPR2582(2)] (ab126601) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : HepG2 cell lysate
Lane 2 : Human fetal kidney tissue lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat anti-Rabbit HRP at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size : 68 kDa
References for Anti-PIAS2 antibody [EPR2582(2)] (ab126601)
ab126601 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.