Anti-PITX1 antibody (ab66943)
- Product nameAnti-PITX1 antibodySee all PITX1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PITX1
- Tested applicationsELISA, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Dog
A region within synthetic peptide: GTPASPYSVY RDTCNSSLAS LRLKSKQHSS FGYGALQGPA SGLNACQYNS, corresponding to C terminal amino acids 265-314 of Human PITX1
- Positive controlJurkat cell lysate
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab66943 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: Use at a concentration of 1.25 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 37 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 34 kDa).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionMay play a role in the development of anterior structures, and in particular, the brain and facies and in specifying the identity or structure of hindlimb.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in PITX1 are a cause of congenital clubfoot (CCF) [MIM:119800]; also known as talipes equinovarus (TEV). Clubfoot is a congenital limb deformity defined as fixation of the foot in cavus, adductus, varus, and equinus (i.e. inclined inwards, axially rotated outwards, and pointing downwards) with concomitant soft tissue abnormalities. Clubfoot may occur in isolation or as part of a syndrome. Clubfoot appears to be a multifactorial trait.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the paired homeobox family. Bicoid subfamily.
Contains 1 homeobox DNA-binding domain.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Entrez Gene: 374201 Chicken
- Entrez Gene: 5307 Human
- Entrez Gene: 18740 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 113983 Rat
- Omim: 602149 Human
- SwissProt: P56673 Chicken
- SwissProt: P78337 Human
- SwissProt: Q3UQH0 Mouse
- SwissProt: P70314 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q99NA7 Rat
- Unigene: 84136 Human
- Unigene: 135195 Mouse
- Unigene: 74248 Rat
- BFT antibodyCCF antibodyHindlimb expressed homeobox protein backfoot antibody
- Hindlimb-expressed homeobox protein backfoot antibodyHomeobox protein PITX1 antibodyPaired like homeodomain 1 antibodyPaired like homeodomain transcription factor 1 antibodyPaired-like homeodomain transcription factor 1 antibodyPituitary homeo box 1 antibodyPituitary homeobox 1 antibodyPituitary otx related factor antibodyPitx1 antibodyPITX1_HUMAN antibodyPOTX antibodyPTX1 antibody
Anti-PITX1 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-PITX1 antibody (ab66943) at 1.25 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Marker
Lane 2 : Jurkat cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size : 34 kDa
Observed band size : 37 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-PITX1 antibody (ab66943)
ab66943 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.