Anti-PKC alpha + beta 2 antibody (ab59328)
- Product nameAnti-PKC alpha + beta 2 antibodySee all PKC alpha + beta 2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PKC alpha + beta 2
- SpecificityDetects endogenous levels of total PKC alpha/beta 2 protein.
- Tested applicationsELISA, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
Synthetic non phosphopeptide derived from human PKC alpha/beta 2 around the phosphorylation site of threonine 638 (VLTPPP).
- Positive control
- Human breast carcinoma tissue
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesPurified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific immunogen.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab59328 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- RelevanceProtein kinase C alpha and protein kinase C beta belong to the protein kinase superfamily, AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family, PKC subfamily. Both contain 1 AGC kinase C terminal domain, 1 C2 domain, 2 phorbol ester/DAG type zinc fingers and 1 protein kinase domain. They are calcium activated, phospholipid dependent, serine and threonine specific enzymes. PKC alpha and may play a role in cell motility. PKC beta may be a novel component of the NF kappa B signaling axis responsible for the survival and activation of B cells after BCR cross linking. Both are activated by diacylglycerol which in turn phosphorylates a range of cellular proteins and both may also serve as the receptor for phorbol esters, a class of tumor promoters. PKC beta has two named isoforms produced by alternative splicing.
- Cellular localizationCell Membrane and Cytoplasmic
- Entrez Gene: 5578 Human
- Entrez Gene: 5579 Human
- Entrez Gene: 18750 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 18751 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 24680 Rat
- SwissProt: P05771 Human
- SwissProt: P17252 Human
- SwissProt: P20444 Mouse
- SwissProt: P68404 Mouse
- SwissProt: P05696 Rat
- SwissProt: P68403 Rat
- Unigene: 531704 Human
- Unigene: 680598 Human
- Unigene: 207908 Rat
- PKC alpha antibody
- PKC beta antibody
- PKCA antibody
- PKCB antibody
- PRKACA antibody
- PRKCB antibody
- PRKCB2 antibody
- Protein kinase C alpha type antibody
- Protein kinase C beta antibody
- Protein kinase C beta type antibody
- protein kinase C, alpha antibody
Anti-PKC alpha + beta 2 antibody images
ab59328 at 1/50 dilution staining human breast carcinoma without (left) and with (right) immunizing peptide; paraffin embedded.
References for Anti-PKC alpha + beta 2 antibody (ab59328)
ab59328 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.