Anti-PKC alpha + beta 2 (phospho T638) antibody (ab59365)
- Product nameAnti-PKC alpha + beta 2 (phospho T638) antibodySee all PKC alpha + beta 2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PKC alpha + beta 2 (phospho T638)
- Specificityab59365 detects endogenous levels of PKC alpha + beta 2 only when phosphorylated at threonine 638.
- Tested applicationsELISA, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
Synthesized phosphopeptide derived from human PKC alpha + beta 2 around the phosphorylation site of threonine 638 (VLTPPP).
- Positive controlHuman breast carcinoma tissue
- General notesStore at -20°C for 1 year
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg+2 and Ca+2), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesPurified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab59365 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- RelevanceProtein kinase C alpha and protein kinase C beta belong to the protein kinase superfamily, AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family, PKC subfamily. Both contain 1 AGC kinase C terminal domain, 1 C2 domain, 2 phorbol ester/DAG type zinc fingers and 1 protein kinase domain. They are calcium activated, phospholipid dependent, serine and threonine specific enzymes. PKC alpha and may play a role in cell motility. PKC beta may be a novel component of the NF kappa B signaling axis responsible for the survival and activation of B cells after BCR cross linking. Both are activated by diacylglycerol which in turn phosphorylates a range of cellular proteins and both may also serve as the receptor for phorbol esters, a class of tumor promoters. PKC beta has two named isoforms produced by alternative splicing.
- Cellular localizationCell Membrane and Cytoplasmic
- Entrez Gene: 5578 Human
- Entrez Gene: 5579 Human
- Entrez Gene: 18750 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 18751 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 24680 Rat
- SwissProt: P17252 Human
- SwissProt: P05771 Human
- SwissProt: P20444 Mouse
- SwissProt: P68404 Mouse
- SwissProt: P05696 Rat
- SwissProt: P68403 Rat
- Unigene: 531704 Human
- Unigene: 680598 Human
- Unigene: 207908 Rat
- PKC alpha antibodyPKC beta antibodyPKCA antibody
- PKCB antibodyPRKACA antibodyPRKCB antibodyPRKCB2 antibodyProtein kinase C alpha type antibodyProtein kinase C beta antibodyProtein kinase C beta type antibodyprotein kinase C, alpha antibody
Anti-PKC alpha + beta 2 (phospho T638) antibody images
ab59365, at a 1/50 dilution, staining human PKC alpha + beta 2 in breast carcinoma, using Immunohistochemistry, Paraffin embedded tissue, in the absence of the immunizing peptide (left image) and in the presence of the immunizing peptide (right image).
References for Anti-PKC alpha + beta 2 (phospho T638) antibody (ab59365)
ab59365 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.