Anti-PKC antibody [M110] (ab23511)
- Product nameAnti-PKC antibody [M110]See all PKC primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [M110] to PKC
- SpecificityThis antibody detects 80-82 kDa proteins corresponding to the molecular mass of PKC alpha, PKC beta and PKC gamma on SDS-PAGE immunoblots of neonatal rat brain lysates. Similar results were observed in human and mouse lysates. Immunoprecipitation experiments with various PKC isoforms demonstrated that this antibody detects PKC alpha, PKC beta and PKC gamma, but not other PKC isoforms expressed in rat brain lysate.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IHC-P, IP, ELISA, WB, ICC, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Recombinant fragment, corresponding to C terminal amino acids 499-697 of Human PKC
- Positive controlHuman, mouse, rat brain lysate.
- General notesDo not aliquot.
- Storage instructionsThis antibody may be unstable at +4°C. We suggest that it is stored at -20°C.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS, 1mg/ml BSA
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberM110
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab23511 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 80 kDa.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/100.|
- RelevanceProtein Kinase C (PKC) isoforms are serine/threonine kinases involved in signal transduction pathways that govern a wide range of physiological processes including differentiation, proliferation, gene expression, brain function, membrane transport and the organization of cytoskeletal and extracellular matrix proteins. Increasing evidence from studies using in vitro and in vivo systems points to PKC as a key regulator of critical cell cycle transitions, including cell cycle entry and exit and the G1 and G2 checkpoints. PKC-mediated control of these transitions can be negative or positive, depending on the timing of PKC activation during the cell cycle and on the specific PKC isozymes involved. There have been at least 12 different PKC isoforms identified in humans to date, including alpha, beta I, beta II, gamma, delta, epsilon, zeta, eta, theta, iota, lambda, and mu.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic and membrane associated
- Entrez Gene: 5579 Human
- Entrez Gene: 5578 Human
- Entrez Gene: 5582 Human
- Entrez Gene: 5590 Human
- Entrez Gene: 5580 Human
- Entrez Gene: 5581 Human
- Entrez Gene: 18751 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 18750 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 18762 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 18752 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 18754 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 18753 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 24681 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 25023 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 24680 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 170538 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 25522 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 29340 Rat
- Omim: 176970 Human
- Omim: 176982 Human
- SwissProt: P17252 Human
- SwissProt: P05771 Human
- SwissProt: P05129 Human
- SwissProt: Q05513 Human
- SwissProt: Q05655 Human
- SwissProt: Q02156 Human
- SwissProt: P68404 Mouse
- SwissProt: P63318 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q02956 Mouse
- SwissProt: P68403 Rat
- SwissProt: P63319 Rat
- SwissProt: P09217 Rat
- Unigene: 460355 Human
- Unigene: 207496 Mouse
- Unigene: 91118 Rat
- AAG6 antibodyAging associated gene 6 antibodyMGC129900 antibody
- MGC129901 antibodyMGC41878 antibodyMGC57564 antibodyPKC A antibodyPKC alpha antibodyPKC B antibodyPKC beta antibodyPKC delta antibodyPKC epsilon antibodyPKC G antibodyPKC gamma antibodyPKC zeta antibodyPKC2 antibodyPKCA antibodyPKCB antibodyPKCC antibodyPKCD antibodyPKCE antibodyPKCG antibodyPRKACA antibodyPRKC A antibodyPRKC G antibodyPRKCA antibodyPRKCB antibodyPRKCB1 antibodyPRKCB2 antibodyPRKCD antibodyPRKCE antibodyPRKCG antibodyPRKCZ antibodyProtein kinase C alpha antibodyProtein kinase C alpha type antibodyProtein Kinase C antibodyProtein kinase C beta 1 antibodyProtein kinase C beta 1 polypeptide antibodyProtein kinase C beta antibodyProtein kinase C beta type antibodyProtein kinase C delta antibodyProtein kinase C epsilon antibodyProtein kinase C gamma antibodyProtein kinase C gamma type antibodyProtein kinase C zeta antibodySCA14 antibodySpinocerebellar ataxia 14 antibody
Anti-PKC antibody [M110] images
Lane 1 : Anti-PKC antibody [M110] (ab23511) at 1/250 dilution
Lane 2 : Anti-PKC antibody [M110] (ab23511) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 3 : Anti-PKC antibody [M110] (ab23511) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : rat brain lysate
Lane 2 : rat brain lysate
Lane 3 : rat brain lysate
Observed band size : 81 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
ICC/IF image of ab23511 stained PC12 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab23511, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
IHC image of ab23511 staining in human normal skin formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab23511, 10µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
Overlay histogram showing Jurkat cells stained with ab23511 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab23511, 1/100 dilution) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in Jurkat cells fixed with 80% methanol (5 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
References for Anti-PKC antibody [M110] (ab23511)
This product has been referenced in:
- Boncoeur E et al. Modulation of epithelial sodium channel activity by lipopolysaccharide in alveolar type II cells: involvement of purinergic signaling. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 298:L417-26 (2010). WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 20008115) »