Anti-PKC antibody [MC5] (ab31)
- Product nameAnti-PKC antibody [MC5]See all PKC primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [MC5] to PKC
- Conjugation notes-
- Specificitythis antibody reacts with PKC alpha, crossreactivity to PKC beta isoformes can be observed
- Tested applicationsELISA, ICC, IP, RIA, WB, IHC-FoFr, IHC-Fr, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Purified bovine brain protein kinase C
- General notes-epitope mapping within the hinge region of PKC (residues 292-317).-
Use: It should be possible to selectively block degradation of PKC without affecting the membrane associated activation. This will allow an assessment of the role of proteolysis in the activation of the protein kinase pathway.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Primary antibody notes Use: It should be possible to selectively block degradation of PKC without affecting the membrane associated activation. This will allow an assessment of the role of proteolysis in the activation of the protein kinase pathway.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberMC5
- Light chain typeunknown
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab31 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC||ICC: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|RIA||RIA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-FoFr||IHC-FoFr: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 18368118|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 17266784|
- RelevanceProtein Kinase C (PKC) isoforms are serine/threonine kinases involved in signal transduction pathways that govern a wide range of physiological processes including differentiation, proliferation, gene expression, brain function, membrane transport and the organization of cytoskeletal and extracellular matrix proteins. Increasing evidence from studies using in vitro and in vivo systems points to PKC as a key regulator of critical cell cycle transitions, including cell cycle entry and exit and the G1 and G2 checkpoints. PKC-mediated control of these transitions can be negative or positive, depending on the timing of PKC activation during the cell cycle and on the specific PKC isozymes involved. There have been at least 12 different PKC isoforms identified in humans to date, including alpha, beta I, beta II, gamma, delta, epsilon, zeta, eta, theta, iota, lambda, and mu.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic and membrane associated
- Entrez Gene: 5579 Human
- Entrez Gene: 5578 Human
- Entrez Gene: 5582 Human
- Entrez Gene: 5590 Human
- Entrez Gene: 5580 Human
- Entrez Gene: 5581 Human
- Entrez Gene: 18751 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 18750 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 18762 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 18752 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 18754 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 18753 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 24681 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 25023 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 24680 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 170538 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 25522 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 29340 Rat
- Omim: 176970 Human
- Omim: 176982 Human
- SwissProt: P17252 Human
- SwissProt: P05771 Human
- SwissProt: P05129 Human
- SwissProt: Q05513 Human
- SwissProt: Q05655 Human
- SwissProt: Q02156 Human
- SwissProt: P68404 Mouse
- SwissProt: P63318 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q02956 Mouse
- SwissProt: P68403 Rat
- SwissProt: P63319 Rat
- SwissProt: P09217 Rat
- Unigene: 460355 Human
- Unigene: 207496 Mouse
- Unigene: 91118 Rat
- AAG6 antibodyAging associated gene 6 antibodykinase PKC alpha antibody
- MGC129900 antibodyMGC129901 antibodyMGC41878 antibodyMGC57564 antibodynPKC epsilon antibodyPKC A antibodyPKC alpha antibodyPKC B antibodyPKC beta antibodyPKC delta antibodyPKC epsilon antibodyPKC G antibodyPKC gamma antibodyPKC zeta antibodyPKC2 antibodyPKCA antibodyPKCB antibodyPKCC antibodyPKCD antibodyPKCE antibodyPKCEA antibodyPKCG antibodyPRKACA antibodyPRKC A antibodyPRKC G antibodyPRKCA antibodyPRKCB antibodyPRKCB1 antibodyPRKCB2 antibodyPRKCD antibodyPRKCE antibodyPRKCG antibodyPRKCZ antibodyProtein kinase C alpha antibodyProtein kinase C alpha type antibodyProtein Kinase C antibodyProtein kinase C beta 1 antibodyProtein kinase C beta 1 polypeptide antibodyProtein kinase C beta antibodyProtein kinase C beta type antibodyProtein kinase C delta antibodyProtein kinase C epsilon antibodyProtein kinase C gamma antibodyProtein kinase C gamma type antibodyProtein kinase C zeta antibodySCA14 antibodySpinocerebellar ataxia 14 antibody
Anti-PKC antibody [MC5] images
Vero cells with ab31 at a 1/50 dilution. This picture was kindly submitted as part of the review by Martha Simpson-Holley.
293 T cells with ab31 at 1/50 dilution. This picture was kindly submitted as part of the review by Martha Simpson-Holley.
WB using ab31. Lane 1. Calpain treated PKC from Sigma . Lane 2. Homogenate from rat adipocytes. Lane 3. Homogenate from 3T3-L1 cells (mouse). Lane 4. Purified microsomes from 3T3-L1 cells. Review by Mikael Rutberg submitted 2 September 2004.
ab31 staining PKC in Mouse spleen and duodenum tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-Fr - frozen sections). Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde and blocked with 5% serum for 1 hour at room temperature. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/500 in PBS) for 8 hours at 4°C. An Alexa Fluor®488-conjugated Goat anti-mouse IgG polyclonal (1/1000) was used as the secondary antibody. Nuclei were stained by DAPI.
ab31 staining PKC in Human skin papilloma tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - formaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde and blocked with 10% serum for 1 hour at room temperature; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in citrate buffer. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/100 in PBS) for 8 hours at 4°C. A Biotin-conjugated Goat anti-mouse IgG polyclonal (1/1000) was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-PKC antibody [MC5] (ab31)
This product has been referenced in:
- De la Huerta I et al. Direction-selective retinal ganglion cells arise from molecularly specified multipotential progenitors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:17663-8 (2012). IHC-FoFr ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 23045641) »
- McMains E et al. Expression and Localization of CLC Chloride Transport Proteins in the Avian Retina. PLoS One 6:e17647 (2011). ICC/IF ; Chicken . Read more (PubMed: 21408174) »