Anti-PKC beta 1 + PKC beta 2 antibody (ab5627)
- Product nameAnti-PKC beta 1 + PKC beta 2 antibodySee all PKC beta 1 + PKC beta 2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PKC beta 1 + PKC beta 2
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Cow
Synthetic peptide: SEFEGFSFVNSE, corresponding to amino acids 654-665 of Human Protein kinase C beta II, this sequence is 100% conserved in bovine, rat and mouse PKC beta I and pig, human, rabbit and rat PKC beta II.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, 1mg/ml BSA
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab5627 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
This antibody has been tested against the recombinant human protein only.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionCalcium-activated and phospholipid-dependent serine/threonine-protein kinase involved in various processes such as regulation of the B-cell receptor (BCR) signalosome, apoptosis and transcription regulation. Plays a key role in B-cell activation and function by regulating BCR-induced NF-kappa-B activation and B-cell suvival. Required for recruitment and activation of the IKK kinase to lipid rafts and mediates phosphorylation of CARD11/CARMA1 at 'Ser-559', 'Ser-644' and 'Ser-652', leading to activate the NF-kappa-B signaling. Involved in apoptosis following oxidative damage: in case of oxidative conditions, specifically phosphorylates 'Ser-36' of isoform p66Shc of SHC1, leading to mitochondrial accumulation of p66Shc, where p66Shc acts as a reactive oxygen species producer. Acts as a coactivator of androgen receptor (ANDR)-dependent transcription, by being recruited to ANDR target genes and specifically mediating phosphorylation of 'Thr-6' of histone H3 (H3T6ph), a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation that prevents demethylation of histone H3 'Lys-4' (H3K4me) by LSD1/KDM1A. Also involved in triglyceride homeostasis. Serves as the receptor for phorbol esters, a class of tumor promoters.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. PKC subfamily.
Contains 1 AGC-kinase C-terminal domain.
Contains 1 C2 domain.
Contains 2 phorbol-ester/DAG-type zinc fingers.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation on Thr-500 within the activation loop renders it competent to autophosphorylate. Subsequent autophosphorylation of Thr-642 maintains catalytic competence, and autophosphorylation on Ser-661 appears to release the kinase into the cytosol. Autophosphorylation on other sites i.e. in the N-terminal and hinge regions have no effect on enzyme activity.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Membrane.
- KPCB_HUMAN antibodyMGC41878 antibodyPKC B2 antibody
- PKC beta antibodyPKC beta II antibodyPKC-B antibodyPKC-beta antibodyPKCB antibodyPKCB2 antibodyPKCB2 antibodyPKCBII antibodyPRKC B2 antibodyPrkcb antibodyPRKCB I antibodyPRKCB II antibodyPRKCB1 antibodyPRKCB2 antibodyProtein kinase C beta 1 antibodyProtein kinase C beta 1 polypeptide antibodyProtein kinase C beta 1 polypeptide antibodyProtein kinase C beta 2 antibodyProtein kinase C beta 2 antibodyProtein kinase C beta antibodyProtein kinase C beta type antibody
References for Anti-PKC beta 1 + PKC beta 2 antibody (ab5627)
ab5627 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.