Anti-PKC beta 1 (phospho S661) antibody (ab79307)
- Product nameAnti-PKC beta 1 (phospho S661) antibodySee all PKC beta 1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PKC beta 1 (phospho S661)
- SpecificityBinds PKC beta 1 only when phosphorylated at serine 661
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic phosphopeptide derived from Human PKC beta 1 around the phosphorylation site of serine 661 (GFSPYT)
- Positive control
- Extracts from heat shock-treated HeLa cells
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS(without Mg2+ and Ca2+) , 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesPurified by affinity chromatography using an epitope specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab79307 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 77 kDa.|
- FunctionCalcium-activated and phospholipid-dependent serine/threonine-protein kinase involved in various processes such as regulation of the B-cell receptor (BCR) signalosome, apoptosis and transcription regulation. Plays a key role in B-cell activation and function by regulating BCR-induced NF-kappa-B activation and B-cell suvival. Required for recruitment and activation of the IKK kinase to lipid rafts and mediates phosphorylation of CARD11/CARMA1 at 'Ser-559', 'Ser-644' and 'Ser-652', leading to activate the NF-kappa-B signaling. Involved in apoptosis following oxidative damage: in case of oxidative conditions, specifically phosphorylates 'Ser-36' of isoform p66Shc of SHC1, leading to mitochondrial accumulation of p66Shc, where p66Shc acts as a reactive oxygen species producer. Acts as a coactivator of androgen receptor (ANDR)-dependent transcription, by being recruited to ANDR target genes and specifically mediating phosphorylation of 'Thr-6' of histone H3 (H3T6ph), a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation that prevents demethylation of histone H3 'Lys-4' (H3K4me) by LSD1/KDM1A. Also involved in triglyceride homeostasis. Serves as the receptor for phorbol esters, a class of tumor promoters.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. PKC subfamily.
Contains 1 AGC-kinase C-terminal domain.
Contains 1 C2 domain.
Contains 2 phorbol-ester/DAG-type zinc fingers.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation on Thr-500 within the activation loop renders it competent to autophosphorylate. Subsequent autophosphorylation of Thr-642 maintains catalytic competence, and autophosphorylation on Ser-661 appears to release the kinase into the cytosol. Autophosphorylation on other sites i.e. in the N-terminal and hinge regions have no effect on enzyme activity.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Membrane.
- EC 184.108.40.206 antibody
- KPCB_HUMAN antibody
- MGC41878 antibody
- PKC B antibody
- PKC beta antibody
- PKC-B antibody
- PKC-beta antibody
- PKCB antibody
- PRKC B antibody
- PRKC B1 antibody
- PRKCB antibody
- PRKCB I antibody
- PRKCB1 antibody
- PRKCB2 antibody
- Protein kinase C beta 1 antibody
- Protein kinase C beta antibody
- Protein kinase C beta type antibody
- Protein kinase C, beta 1 polypeptide antibody
References for Anti-PKC beta 1 (phospho S661) antibody (ab79307)
ab79307 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.