Anti-PKC beta 1 (phospho T642) antibody (ab5782)
- Product nameAnti-PKC beta 1 (phospho T642) antibodySee all PKC beta 1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PKC beta 1 (phospho T642)
- SpecificityThis antibody does not react with PKC beta 2 [pT641], alpha [pT638], nu [pT655], epsilon [pT710], iota [pT555], eta [pT655], or zeta [pT560] as determined by peptide competition experiments.
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Synthetic phosphopeptide derived from a region of human PKC beta 1 that contains threonine 642.
- Positive controlK562 cells treated with PMA, a phorbol ester.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS, 1mg/ml BSA. pH 7.3
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThe antibody has been negatively preadsorbed using a non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the site of phosphorylation to remove antibody that is reactive with non-phosphorylated PKC beta 1. The final product is generated by affinity chromatography using a PKC beta 1-derived peptide that is phosphorylated at threonine 642.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab5782 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 80 kDa.|
- FunctionCalcium-activated and phospholipid-dependent serine/threonine-protein kinase involved in various processes such as regulation of the B-cell receptor (BCR) signalosome, apoptosis and transcription regulation. Plays a key role in B-cell activation and function by regulating BCR-induced NF-kappa-B activation and B-cell suvival. Required for recruitment and activation of the IKK kinase to lipid rafts and mediates phosphorylation of CARD11/CARMA1 at 'Ser-559', 'Ser-644' and 'Ser-652', leading to activate the NF-kappa-B signaling. Involved in apoptosis following oxidative damage: in case of oxidative conditions, specifically phosphorylates 'Ser-36' of isoform p66Shc of SHC1, leading to mitochondrial accumulation of p66Shc, where p66Shc acts as a reactive oxygen species producer. Acts as a coactivator of androgen receptor (ANDR)-dependent transcription, by being recruited to ANDR target genes and specifically mediating phosphorylation of 'Thr-6' of histone H3 (H3T6ph), a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation that prevents demethylation of histone H3 'Lys-4' (H3K4me) by LSD1/KDM1A. Also involved in triglyceride homeostasis. Serves as the receptor for phorbol esters, a class of tumor promoters.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. PKC subfamily.
Contains 1 AGC-kinase C-terminal domain.
Contains 1 C2 domain.
Contains 2 phorbol-ester/DAG-type zinc fingers.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation on Thr-500 within the activation loop renders it competent to autophosphorylate. Subsequent autophosphorylation of Thr-642 maintains catalytic competence, and autophosphorylation on Ser-661 appears to release the kinase into the cytosol. Autophosphorylation on other sites i.e. in the N-terminal and hinge regions have no effect on enzyme activity.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Membrane.
- KPCB_HUMAN antibodyMGC41878 antibodyPKC B antibody
- PKC beta antibodyPKC-B antibodyPKC-beta antibodyPKCB antibodyPRKC B antibodyPRKC B1 antibodyPRKCB antibodyPRKCB I antibodyPRKCB1 antibodyPRKCB2 antibodyProtein kinase C beta 1 antibodyProtein kinase C beta antibodyProtein kinase C beta type antibody
Anti-PKC beta 1 (phospho T642) antibody images
Peptide Competition and Phosphatase Treatment: Lysates prepared from K562 cells stimulated with PMA were resolved by SDS-PAGE on a 10% polyacrylamide gel and transferred to PVDF. Membranes were either left untreated (1-4) or treated with lambda (ë) phosphatase (5), blocked with a 5% BSA-TBST buffer for one hour at room temperature, and incubated with ab5782 antibody for two hours at room temperature in a 3% BSA TBST buffer, following prior incubation with: no peptide (1, 5), the non phosphopeptide corresponding to the immunogen (2), a generic phosphothreonine-containing peptide (3), or, the phosphopeptide immunogen (4). After washing, membranes were incubated with goat F(ab’ 2 anti-rabbit IgG HRP conjugate and bands were detected using the Pierce SuperSignalTM method. The data show that only the peptide corresponding to PKC beta I [pT642] blocks the antibody signal. The data also show that phosphatase stripping eliminates the signal, verifying that the antibody is phospho-specific.
References for Anti-PKC beta 1 (phospho T642) antibody (ab5782)
This product has been referenced in:
- El-Shewy HM et al. Phospholipase C and Protein Kinase C-ß 2 Mediate Insulin-Like Growth Factor II-Dependent Sphingosine Kinase 1 Activation. Mol Endocrinol 25:2144-56 (2011). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22016563) »
- Hsieh TJ et al. Upregulation of osteopontin gene expression in diabetic rat proximal tubular cells revealed by microarray profiling. Kidney Int 69:1005-15 (2006). Read more (PubMed: 16528250) »