Anti-PKC beta 2 antibody - Carboxyterminal end (ab38279)
- Product nameAnti-PKC beta 2 antibody - Carboxyterminal endSee all PKC beta 2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PKC beta 2 - Carboxyterminal end
- Tested applicationsELISA, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Non Human Primates
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH selected within C terminla aa 644-673 of human PKC beta2.
- Positive controlJurkat cell lysate. Mouse brain tissue lysate.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab38279 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/100 - 1/500. Detects a band of approximately 77 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 77 kDa).|
- FunctionCalcium-activated and phospholipid-dependent serine/threonine-protein kinase involved in various processes such as regulation of the B-cell receptor (BCR) signalosome, apoptosis and transcription regulation. Plays a key role in B-cell activation and function by regulating BCR-induced NF-kappa-B activation and B-cell suvival. Required for recruitment and activation of the IKK kinase to lipid rafts and mediates phosphorylation of CARD11/CARMA1 at 'Ser-559', 'Ser-644' and 'Ser-652', leading to activate the NF-kappa-B signaling. Involved in apoptosis following oxidative damage: in case of oxidative conditions, specifically phosphorylates 'Ser-36' of isoform p66Shc of SHC1, leading to mitochondrial accumulation of p66Shc, where p66Shc acts as a reactive oxygen species producer. Acts as a coactivator of androgen receptor (ANDR)-dependent transcription, by being recruited to ANDR target genes and specifically mediating phosphorylation of 'Thr-6' of histone H3 (H3T6ph), a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation that prevents demethylation of histone H3 'Lys-4' (H3K4me) by LSD1/KDM1A. Also involved in triglyceride homeostasis. Serves as the receptor for phorbol esters, a class of tumor promoters.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. PKC subfamily.
Contains 1 AGC-kinase C-terminal domain.
Contains 1 C2 domain.
Contains 2 phorbol-ester/DAG-type zinc fingers.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation on Thr-500 within the activation loop renders it competent to autophosphorylate. Subsequent autophosphorylation of Thr-642 maintains catalytic competence, and autophosphorylation on Ser-661 appears to release the kinase into the cytosol. Autophosphorylation on other sites i.e. in the N-terminal and hinge regions have no effect on enzyme activity.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Membrane.
- KPCB_HUMAN antibodyMGC41878 antibodyPKC B2 antibody
- PKC beta antibodyPKC beta antibodyPKC beta II antibodyPKC-B antibodyPKC-beta antibodyPKCB antibodyPKCB antibodyPKCB2 antibodyPKCB2 antibodyPKCBII antibodyPRKC B2 antibodyPRKCB antibodyPRKCB antibodyPRKCB II antibodyPRKCB1 antibodyPRKCB2 antibodyPRKCB2 antibodyProtein kinase C beta 1 polypeptide antibodyProtein kinase C beta 1 polypeptide antibodyProtein kinase C beta 2 antibodyProtein kinase C beta 2 antibodyProtein kinase C beta antibodyProtein kinase C beta type antibody
Anti-PKC beta 2 antibody - Carboxyterminal end images
All lanes : Anti-PKC beta 2 antibody - Carboxyterminal end (ab38279) at 1/100 dilution
Lane 1 : Jurkat cell lysate
Lane 2 : mouse brain tissue lysate
Predicted band size : 77 kDa
Observed band size : 75 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-PKC beta 2 antibody - Carboxyterminal end (ab38279)
ab38279 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.