Anti-PKC beta 2 antibody [Y125] (ab32026)
- Product nameAnti-PKC beta 2 antibody [Y125]See all PKC beta 2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [Y125] to PKC beta 2
- Specificityab32026 recognises PKC beta 2, it does not cross react with human PKC beta 1. Immunogen's homology with PKC alpha is 77.8%. Cross-reactivity with PKC alpha has not been tested.
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Cow, Pig
Synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near C terminus of human PKC beta 2
- Epitopeab32026 reacts with an epitope located in the region near the C terminus of PKC beta 2.
- Positive controlK562 cell lysate, HeLa cell lysate and human breast carcinoma
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberY125
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32026 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 77 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 77 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/250 - 1/500.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/50.|
- FunctionCalcium-activated and phospholipid-dependent serine/threonine-protein kinase involved in various processes such as regulation of the B-cell receptor (BCR) signalosome, apoptosis and transcription regulation. Plays a key role in B-cell activation and function by regulating BCR-induced NF-kappa-B activation and B-cell suvival. Required for recruitment and activation of the IKK kinase to lipid rafts and mediates phosphorylation of CARD11/CARMA1 at 'Ser-559', 'Ser-644' and 'Ser-652', leading to activate the NF-kappa-B signaling. Involved in apoptosis following oxidative damage: in case of oxidative conditions, specifically phosphorylates 'Ser-36' of isoform p66Shc of SHC1, leading to mitochondrial accumulation of p66Shc, where p66Shc acts as a reactive oxygen species producer. Acts as a coactivator of androgen receptor (ANDR)-dependent transcription, by being recruited to ANDR target genes and specifically mediating phosphorylation of 'Thr-6' of histone H3 (H3T6ph), a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation that prevents demethylation of histone H3 'Lys-4' (H3K4me) by LSD1/KDM1A. Also involved in triglyceride homeostasis. Serves as the receptor for phorbol esters, a class of tumor promoters.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. PKC subfamily.
Contains 1 AGC-kinase C-terminal domain.
Contains 1 C2 domain.
Contains 2 phorbol-ester/DAG-type zinc fingers.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation on Thr-500 within the activation loop renders it competent to autophosphorylate. Subsequent autophosphorylation of Thr-642 maintains catalytic competence, and autophosphorylation on Ser-661 appears to release the kinase into the cytosol. Autophosphorylation on other sites i.e. in the N-terminal and hinge regions have no effect on enzyme activity.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Membrane.
- KPCB_HUMAN antibodyMGC41878 antibodyPKC B2 antibody
- PKC beta antibodyPKC beta antibodyPKC beta II antibodyPKC-B antibodyPKC-beta antibodyPKCB antibodyPKCB antibodyPKCB2 antibodyPKCB2 antibodyPKCBII antibodyPRKC B2 antibodyPRKCB antibodyPRKCB antibodyPRKCB II antibodyPRKCB1 antibodyPRKCB2 antibodyPRKCB2 antibodyProtein kinase C beta 1 polypeptide antibodyProtein kinase C beta 1 polypeptide antibodyProtein kinase C beta 2 antibodyProtein kinase C beta 2 antibodyProtein kinase C beta antibodyProtein kinase C beta type antibody
Anti-PKC beta 2 antibody [Y125] images
Anti-PKC beta 2 antibody [Y125] (ab32026) at 1/500 dilution + K562 cell lysate
Predicted band size : 77 kDa
Observed band size : 77 kDa
ab32026, at a 1/100 dilution, staining human PKC beta 2 in breast carcinoma by Immunohistochemistry, Paraffin embedded tissue
ab32026, at a 1/250 dilution, staining human PKC beta 2 in HeLa cells by Immunoflourescence
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab32026 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab32026, 1/50 dilution) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) (ab96899) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (monoclonal) (1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
References for Anti-PKC beta 2 antibody [Y125] (ab32026)
This product has been referenced in:
- Maharaj NP et al. Conventional protein kinase C-a (PKC-a) and PKC-ß negatively regulate RIG-I antiviral signal transduction. J Virol 86:1358-71 (2012). WB . Read more (PubMed: 22114345) »
- Zeng N et al. Adaptive basal phosphorylation of eIF2a is responsible for resistance to cellular stress-induced cell death in Pten-null hepatocytes. Mol Cancer Res 9:1708-17 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 22009178) »