Anti-PKC beta 2 (phospho S660) antibody [EP1902Y] (ab75837)
- Product nameAnti-PKC beta 2 (phospho S660) antibody [EP1902Y]See all PKC beta 2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1902Y] to PKC beta 2 (phospho S660)
- Specificityab75837 detects PKC beta 2 phosphorylated at serine 660.
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, WB, ICC more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
A phospho specific peptide corresponding to residues surrounding serine 660 of human PKC beta 2
- Positive control
- Jurkat cell lysates, untreated or treated with AP; human breast carcinoma.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEP1902Y
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab75837 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||WB: 1/50000 - 1/200000. Detects a band of approximately 77 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 77 kDa).|
|ICC||ICC: 1/50 - 1/100.|
- FunctionCalcium-activated and phospholipid-dependent serine/threonine-protein kinase involved in various processes such as regulation of the B-cell receptor (BCR) signalosome, apoptosis and transcription regulation. Plays a key role in B-cell activation and function by regulating BCR-induced NF-kappa-B activation and B-cell suvival. Required for recruitment and activation of the IKK kinase to lipid rafts and mediates phosphorylation of CARD11/CARMA1 at 'Ser-559', 'Ser-644' and 'Ser-652', leading to activate the NF-kappa-B signaling. Involved in apoptosis following oxidative damage: in case of oxidative conditions, specifically phosphorylates 'Ser-36' of isoform p66Shc of SHC1, leading to mitochondrial accumulation of p66Shc, where p66Shc acts as a reactive oxygen species producer. Acts as a coactivator of androgen receptor (ANDR)-dependent transcription, by being recruited to ANDR target genes and specifically mediating phosphorylation of 'Thr-6' of histone H3 (H3T6ph), a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation that prevents demethylation of histone H3 'Lys-4' (H3K4me) by LSD1/KDM1A. Also involved in triglyceride homeostasis. Serves as the receptor for phorbol esters, a class of tumor promoters.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. PKC subfamily.
Contains 1 AGC-kinase C-terminal domain.
Contains 1 C2 domain.
Contains 2 phorbol-ester/DAG-type zinc fingers.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation on Thr-500 within the activation loop renders it competent to autophosphorylate. Subsequent autophosphorylation of Thr-642 maintains catalytic competence, and autophosphorylation on Ser-661 appears to release the kinase into the cytosol. Autophosphorylation on other sites i.e. in the N-terminal and hinge regions have no effect on enzyme activity.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Membrane.
- KPCB_HUMAN antibody
- PKC Beta antibody
- PKC-B antibody
- PKC-beta antibody
- PKCB antibody
- Prkcb antibody
- PRKCB II antibody
- PRKCB2 antibody
- Protein kinase C beta antibody
- Protein kinase C beta type antibody
Anti-PKC beta 2 (phospho S660) antibody [EP1902Y] images
All lanes : Anti-PKC beta 2 (phospho S660) antibody [EP1902Y] (ab75837) at 1/100000 dilution
Lane 1 : Jurkat cell lysates, untreated
Lane 2 : Jurkat cell lysates, treated with AP
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
goat anti-rabbit HRP at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size : 77 kDa
Observed band size : 77 kDa
ab75837, at a 1/100 dilution, staining PKC beta 2 in paraffin embedded human breast carcinoma tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
References for Anti-PKC beta 2 (phospho S660) antibody [EP1902Y] (ab75837)
This product has been referenced in:
- Qu C et al. Trimeric G protein-CARMA1 axis links smoothened, the hedgehog receptor transducer, to NF-?B activation in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. Blood 121:4718-28 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23632891) »
- Liu Y et al. IL-17 contributes to cardiac fibrosis following experimental autoimmune myocarditis by a PKCß/Erk1/2/NF-?B-dependent signaling pathway. Int Immunol 24:605-12 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22531062) »