Anti-PKC (phospho T497) antibody (ab59411)
- Product nameAnti-PKC (phospho T497) antibodySee all PKC primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PKC (phospho T497)
- SpecificityDetects endogenous levels of PKC-pan only when phosphorylated at threonine 497. Recognises all isoforms.
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, ELISA, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
Synthetic phosphopeptide derived from human PKC-pan around the phosphorylation site of threonine 497 (T-S-TP-F-C).
- Positive controlBreast carcinoma. NIH/3T3 cells.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS, 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesAffinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab59411 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 81 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 81 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/50 - 1/100.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
- RelevanceProtein Kinase C (PKC) isoforms are serine/threonine kinases involved in signal transduction pathways that govern a wide range of physiological processes including differentiation, proliferation, gene expression, brain function, membrane transport and the organization of cytoskeletal and extracellular matrix proteins. Increasing evidence from studies using in vitro and in vivo systems points to PKC as a key regulator of critical cell cycle transitions, including cell cycle entry and exit and the G1 and G2 checkpoints. PKC-mediated control of these transitions can be negative or positive, depending on the timing of PKC activation during the cell cycle and on the specific PKC isozymes involved. There have been at least 12 different PKC isoforms identified in humans to date, including alpha, beta I, beta II, gamma, delta, epsilon, zeta, eta, theta, iota, lambda, and mu.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic and membrane associated
- Entrez Gene: 5579 Human
- Entrez Gene: 5578 Human
- Entrez Gene: 5582 Human
- Entrez Gene: 5590 Human
- Entrez Gene: 5580 Human
- Entrez Gene: 5581 Human
- Entrez Gene: 18751 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 18750 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 18762 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 18752 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 18754 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 18753 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 24681 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 25023 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 24680 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 170538 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 25522 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 29340 Rat
- Omim: 176970 Human
- Omim: 176982 Human
- SwissProt: P17252 Human
- SwissProt: P05771 Human
- SwissProt: P05129 Human
- SwissProt: Q05513 Human
- SwissProt: Q05655 Human
- SwissProt: Q02156 Human
- SwissProt: P68404 Mouse
- SwissProt: P63318 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q02956 Mouse
- SwissProt: P68403 Rat
- SwissProt: P63319 Rat
- SwissProt: P09217 Rat
- Unigene: 460355 Human
- Unigene: 207496 Mouse
- Unigene: 91118 Rat
- AAG6 antibodyAging associated gene 6 antibodyMGC129900 antibody
- MGC129901 antibodyMGC41878 antibodyMGC57564 antibodyPKC A antibodyPKC alpha antibodyPKC B antibodyPKC beta antibodyPKC delta antibodyPKC epsilon antibodyPKC G antibodyPKC gamma antibodyPKC zeta antibodyPKC2 antibodyPKCA antibodyPKCB antibodyPKCC antibodyPKCD antibodyPKCE antibodyPKCG antibodyPRKACA antibodyPRKC A antibodyPRKC G antibodyPRKCA antibodyPRKCB antibodyPRKCB1 antibodyPRKCB2 antibodyPRKCD antibodyPRKCE antibodyPRKCG antibodyPRKCZ antibodyProtein kinase C alpha antibodyProtein kinase C alpha type antibodyProtein Kinase C antibodyProtein kinase C beta 1 antibodyProtein kinase C beta 1 polypeptide antibodyProtein kinase C beta antibodyProtein kinase C beta type antibodyProtein kinase C delta antibodyProtein kinase C epsilon antibodyProtein kinase C gamma antibodyProtein kinase C gamma type antibodyProtein kinase C zeta antibodySCA14 antibodySpinocerebellar ataxia 14 antibody
Anti-PKC (phospho T497) antibody images
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin embedded human breast carcinoma tissue, using ab59411 at 1/50 dilution, in the presence (right) or absence (left) of immunising phosphopeptide.
ICC/IF image of ab59411 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab59411, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Anti-PKC (phospho T497) antibody (ab59411) at 1 µg/ml + Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 81 kDa
Observed band size : 81 kDa
Exposure time : 8 minutes
References for Anti-PKC (phospho T497) antibody (ab59411)
ab59411 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.