Anti-PKC theta antibody [EPR1488Y] (ab52494)
- Product nameAnti-PKC theta antibody [EPR1488Y]See all PKC theta primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR1488Y] to PKC theta
- SpecificityThis antibody detects both phosphorylated (pT538) and unphosphorylated PKC theta
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding threonine 538 of human PKC theta
- Positive control
- Jurkat cell lysate
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEPR1488Y
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52494 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500. Detects a band of approximately 85 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 85 kDa).|
- FunctionThis is a calcium-independent, phospholipid-dependent, serine- and threonine-specific enzyme. Essential for T-cell receptor (TCR)-mediated T-cell activation, but is dispensable during TCR-dependent thymocyte development. Links the TCR signaling complex to the activation of NF-kappa-B in mature T lymphocytes. Required for interleukin-2 (IL2) production.
PKC is activated by diacylglycerol which in turn phosphorylates a range of cellular proteins. PKC also serves as the receptor for phorbol esters, a class of tumor promoters.
- Tissue specificitySkeletal muscle, megakaryoblastic cells and platelets.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. PKC subfamily.
Contains 1 AGC-kinase C-terminal domain.
Contains 1 C2 domain.
Contains 2 phorbol-ester/DAG-type zinc fingers.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- DomainThe C1 domain, containing the phorbol ester/DAG-type region 1 (C1A) and 2 (C1B), is the diacylglycerol sensor and the C2 domain is a non-calcium binding domain.
modificationsAutophosphorylation at Thr-219 is required for targeting to the TCR and cellular function of PKC upon antigen receptor ligation.
- KPCT_HUMAN antibody
- MGC126514 antibody
- MGC141919 antibody
- nPKC theta antibody
- nPKC-theta antibody
- nPKCtheta antibody
- OTTHUMP00000043364 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000043365 antibody
- PKC 0 antibody
- PKC0 antibody
- PRKCQ antibody
- PRKCT antibody
- Protein kinase C theta antibody
- Protein kinase C theta type antibody
- Protein Kinase Ctheta antibody
Anti-PKC theta antibody [EPR1488Y] images
Anti-PKC theta antibody [EPR1488Y] (ab52494) at 1/500 dilution + Jurkat cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP labeled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size : 85 kDa
Observed band size : 85 kDa
References for Anti-PKC theta antibody [EPR1488Y] (ab52494)
ab52494 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.