Anti-PKR (phospho T446) antibody (ab47377)
- Product nameAnti-PKR (phospho T446) antibodySee all PKR primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PKR (phospho T446)
- SpecificityDetects endogenous levels of PKR only when phosphorylated at threonine 446.
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthesised phosphopeptide derived from PKR around the phosphorylation site of threonine 446 (Human).
- Positive controlK562 cells
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThe antibody was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab47377 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-P: 1/50 - 1/100.
WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Detects a band of approximately 62 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 62 kDa).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionFollowing activation by double-stranded RNA in the presence of ATP, the kinase becomes autophosphorylated and can catalyze the phosphorylation of the translation initiation factor EIF2S1, which leads to an inhibition of the initiation of protein synthesis. Double-stranded RNA is generated during the course of a viral infection.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Ser/Thr protein kinase family. GCN2 subfamily.
Contains 2 DRBM (double-stranded RNA-binding) domains.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsAutophosphorylated on several Ser and Thr residues. Autophosphorylation of Thr-451 is dependent on Thr-446 and is stimulated by dsRNA binding and dimerization. Autophosphorylation apparently leads to the activation of the kinase.
- Double stranded RNA activated protein kinase; antibodyE2AK2_HUMAN antibodyeIF-2A protein kinase 2 antibody
- EIF2AK1 antibodyEIF2AK2 antibodyEukaryotic translation initiation factor 2 alpha kinase 2 antibodyEukaryotic translation initiation factor 2-alpha kinase 2 antibodyHGNC:9437 antibodyInterferon induced double stranded RNA activated protein kinase antibodyInterferon inducible elF2 alpha kinase antibodyInterferon inducible RNA dependent protein kinase antibodyInterferon-induced, double-stranded RNA-activated protein kinase antibodyInterferon-inducible RNA-dependent protein kinase antibodyMGC126524 antibodyP1/eIF-2A protein kinase antibodyP1/eIF2A protein kinase antibodyp68 kinase antibodyPKR antibodyPRKR antibodyProtein kinase interferon inducible double stranded RNA dependent antibodyProtein kinase RNA activated antibodyProtein kinase RNA-activated antibodySerine/threonine protein kinase TIK antibodyTyrosine protein kinase EIF2AK2 antibody
Anti-PKR (phospho T446) antibody images
All lanes : Anti-PKR (phospho T446) antibody (ab47377)
Lane 1 : Extracts from K562 cells treated with Starvation
Lane 2 : Untreated extracts from K562 cells
Predicted band size : 62 kDa
References for Anti-PKR (phospho T446) antibody (ab47377)
ab47377 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.