Anti-PLK1 (phospho S137) antibody (ab21738)
- Product nameAnti-PLK1 (phospho S137) antibodySee all PLK1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PLK1 (phospho S137)
- Tested applicationsIP, ICC/IF, IHC-P, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Xenopus laevis
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 100 - 200 of Human PLK1, phosphorylated at S137.
(Peptide available as ab25712.)
- Positive control
- This antibody gave a positive signal in Human normal colon FFPE section. IF/ICC: MCF7 cell line.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab21738 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent concentration. Can be blocked with Human PLK1 (phospho S137) peptide (ab25712).|
- FunctionSerine/threonine-protein kinase that performs several important functions throughout M phase of the cell cycle, including the regulation of centrosome maturation and spindle assembly, the removal of cohesins from chromosome arms, the inactivation of APC/C inhibitors, and the regulation of mitotic exit and cytokinesis. Required for recovery after DNA damage checkpoint and entry into mitosis. Required for kinetochore localization of BUB1B. Phosphorylates SGOL1. Required for spindle pole localization of isoform 3 of SGOL1 and plays a role in regulating its centriole cohesion function. Phosphorylates BORA, and thereby promotes the degradation of BORA. Contributes to the regulation of AURKA function. Regulates TP53 stability through phosphorylation of TOPORS.
- Tissue specificityPlacenta and colon.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Ser/Thr protein kinase family. CDC5/Polo subfamily.
Contains 2 POLO box domains.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- Developmental stageAccumulates to a maximum during the G2 and M phases, declines to a nearly undetectable level following mitosis and throughout G1 phase, and then begins to accumulate again during S phase.
modificationsCatalytic activity is enhanced by phosphorylation of Thr-210. Phosphorylation at Thr-210 is first detected on centrosomes in the G2 phase of the cell cycle, peaks in prometaphase and gradually disappears from centrosomes during anaphase.
Autophosphorylation and phosphorylation of Ser-137 may not be significant for the activation of PLK1 during mitosis, but may enhance catalytic activity during recovery after DNA damage checkpoint.
Ubiquitinated by the anaphase promoting complex/cyclosome (APC/C) in anaphase and following DNA damage, leading to its degradation by the proteasome. Ubiquitination is mediated via its interaction with FZR1/CDH1. Ubiquitination and subsequent degradation prevents entry into mitosis and is essential to maintain an efficient G2 DNA damage checkpoint.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome > centromere > kinetochore. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton > centrosome. During early stages of mitosis, the phosphorylated form is detected on centrosomes and kinetochores. Localizes to the outer kinetochore. Presence of SGOL1 and interaction with the phosphorylated form of BUB1 is required for the kinetochore localization.
- Entrez Gene: 5347 Human
- Entrez Gene: 18817 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 25515 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 380481 Xenopus laevis
- Omim: 602098 Human
- SwissProt: P53350 Human
- SwissProt: Q07832 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q62673 Rat
- SwissProt: P70032 Xenopus laevis
- Unigene: 592049 Human
- Unigene: 16525 Mouse
- Unigene: 11034 Rat
- Unigene: 28141 Xenopus laevis
- Cell cycle regulated protein kinase antibody
- PLK 1 antibody
- PLK antibody
- PLK-1 antibody
- plk1 antibody
- PLK1_HUMAN antibody
- polio like kinase antibody
- Polo like kinase 1 antibody
- Polo-like kinase 1 antibody
- Serine/threonine protein kinase antibody
- Serine/threonine protein kinase 13 antibody
- Serine/threonine protein kinase PLK1 antibody
- Serine/threonine-protein kinase 13 antibody
- Serine/threonine-protein kinase PLK1 antibody
- STPK 13 antibody
- STPK13 antibody
Anti-PLK1 (phospho S137) antibody images
ICC/IF image of ab21738 stained MCF7 cells. The cells were 100% Methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal Goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab21738, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 Goat anti-Rabit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
IHC image of PLK1 (phospho S137) staining in human normal colon FFPE section, performed on a BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab21738, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX
PLK1 (phospho S137) immunoprecipitation from Human HeLa cells using ab21738. 200 µg of cell lysate was incubated with primary antibody (15 µg/mg cell lysate) and matrix (Protein G) and incubated for 2 hour 4°C.
Lane 1: Control beads
Lane 2: Anti-PLK1 (phospho S137) IP
Immunoprecipitation was confirmed by western blot with an HRP-conjugated Mouse monoclonal antibody against pan-PLK1 (1/5000)
References for Anti-PLK1 (phospho S137) antibody (ab21738)
ab21738 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.