Anti-PLK1 (phospho T210) antibody [2A3] (ab39068)
- Product nameAnti-PLK1 (phospho T210) antibody [2A3]See all PLK1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [2A3] to PLK1 (phospho T210)
- Specificityab39068 recognises Plk1 (phospho T210).
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, Flow Cyt, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Chicken, Human
Synthetic peptide (Human): Modified peptide
- Positive control
- Extracts from overnight nocodazole treated Hela cells.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Purification notesab39068 is an affinity purified IgG.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number2A3
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab39068 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: Use at a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 68 kDa.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionSerine/threonine-protein kinase that performs several important functions throughout M phase of the cell cycle, including the regulation of centrosome maturation and spindle assembly, the removal of cohesins from chromosome arms, the inactivation of APC/C inhibitors, and the regulation of mitotic exit and cytokinesis. Required for recovery after DNA damage checkpoint and entry into mitosis. Required for kinetochore localization of BUB1B. Phosphorylates SGOL1. Required for spindle pole localization of isoform 3 of SGOL1 and plays a role in regulating its centriole cohesion function. Phosphorylates BORA, and thereby promotes the degradation of BORA. Contributes to the regulation of AURKA function. Regulates TP53 stability through phosphorylation of TOPORS.
- Tissue specificityPlacenta and colon.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Ser/Thr protein kinase family. CDC5/Polo subfamily.
Contains 2 POLO box domains.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- Developmental stageAccumulates to a maximum during the G2 and M phases, declines to a nearly undetectable level following mitosis and throughout G1 phase, and then begins to accumulate again during S phase.
modificationsCatalytic activity is enhanced by phosphorylation of Thr-210. Phosphorylation at Thr-210 is first detected on centrosomes in the G2 phase of the cell cycle, peaks in prometaphase and gradually disappears from centrosomes during anaphase.
Autophosphorylation and phosphorylation of Ser-137 may not be significant for the activation of PLK1 during mitosis, but may enhance catalytic activity during recovery after DNA damage checkpoint.
Ubiquitinated by the anaphase promoting complex/cyclosome (APC/C) in anaphase and following DNA damage, leading to its degradation by the proteasome. Ubiquitination is mediated via its interaction with FZR1/CDH1. Ubiquitination and subsequent degradation prevents entry into mitosis and is essential to maintain an efficient G2 DNA damage checkpoint.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome > centromere > kinetochore. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton > centrosome. During early stages of mitosis, the phosphorylated form is detected on centrosomes and kinetochores. Localizes to the outer kinetochore. Presence of SGOL1 and interaction with the phosphorylated form of BUB1 is required for the kinetochore localization.
- Cell cycle regulated protein kinase antibody
- PLK 1 antibody
- PLK antibody
- PLK-1 antibody
- plk1 antibody
- PLK1_HUMAN antibody
- polio like kinase antibody
- Polo like kinase 1 antibody
- Polo-like kinase 1 antibody
- Serine/threonine protein kinase 13 antibody
- Serine/threonine protein kinase PLK1 antibody
- Serine/threonine-protein kinase 13 antibody
- Serine/threonine-protein kinase antibody
- Serine/threonine-protein kinase PLK1 antibody
- STPK 13 antibody
- STPK13 antibody
Anti-PLK1 (phospho T210) antibody [2A3] images
All lanes : Anti-PLK1 (phospho T210) antibody [2A3] (ab39068) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Extracts from untreated Hela cells
Lane 2 : Extracts from overnight nocodazole treated Hela cells
Predicted band size : 68 kDa
Observed band size : 66 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
ab39068 staining chicken B lymphoma cells in prometaphase by ICC/IF. Cells were PFA fixed and permeabilized in 0.15% Triton X-100 prior to blocking in 1% BSA for 1 hour at 4°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/300 (PBS/1%BSA) and incubated with the sample for 1 hour at 37°C. A Texas Red® conjugated goat polyclonal to mouse, diluted 1/200, was used as the secondary.
References for Anti-PLK1 (phospho T210) antibody [2A3] (ab39068)
This product has been referenced in:
- Tan EP et al. O-linked N-acetylglucosamine cycling regulates mitotic spindle organization. J Biol Chem 288:27085-99 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23946484) »
- Kasahara K et al. PI 3-kinase-dependent phosphorylation of Plk1-Ser99 promotes association with 14-3-3? and is required for metaphase-anaphase transition. Nat Commun 4:1882 (2013). Human . Read more (PubMed: 23695676) »