Anti-PLK1 (phospho T210) antibody (ab73018)
- Product nameAnti-PLK1 (phospho T210) antibodySee all PLK1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PLK1 (phospho T210)
- Specificityab73018 is specific for ~66kDa PLK1 phosphorylated at Thr210. Immunolabeling of the PLK1 band is completely blocked by lamba-phosphatase treatment.
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Cow, Dog, Xenopus laevis, Non Human Primates, Zebrafish
Synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to amino acid residues surrounding phospho-Thr210 of human PLK1.
- Positive control
- Rat synaptic membrane lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 100µg/ml BSA, 150mM Sodium chloride, 10mM HEPES, pH 7.5
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab73018 is prepared from rabbit serum by affinity purification via sequential chromatography on phospho- and dephospho-peptide affinity columns.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab73018 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 66 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 68 kDa). Block with 5% BSA.|
- FunctionSerine/threonine-protein kinase that performs several important functions throughout M phase of the cell cycle, including the regulation of centrosome maturation and spindle assembly, the removal of cohesins from chromosome arms, the inactivation of APC/C inhibitors, and the regulation of mitotic exit and cytokinesis. Required for recovery after DNA damage checkpoint and entry into mitosis. Required for kinetochore localization of BUB1B. Phosphorylates SGOL1. Required for spindle pole localization of isoform 3 of SGOL1 and plays a role in regulating its centriole cohesion function. Phosphorylates BORA, and thereby promotes the degradation of BORA. Contributes to the regulation of AURKA function. Regulates TP53 stability through phosphorylation of TOPORS.
- Tissue specificityPlacenta and colon.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Ser/Thr protein kinase family. CDC5/Polo subfamily.
Contains 2 POLO box domains.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- Developmental stageAccumulates to a maximum during the G2 and M phases, declines to a nearly undetectable level following mitosis and throughout G1 phase, and then begins to accumulate again during S phase.
modificationsCatalytic activity is enhanced by phosphorylation of Thr-210. Phosphorylation at Thr-210 is first detected on centrosomes in the G2 phase of the cell cycle, peaks in prometaphase and gradually disappears from centrosomes during anaphase.
Autophosphorylation and phosphorylation of Ser-137 may not be significant for the activation of PLK1 during mitosis, but may enhance catalytic activity during recovery after DNA damage checkpoint.
Ubiquitinated by the anaphase promoting complex/cyclosome (APC/C) in anaphase and following DNA damage, leading to its degradation by the proteasome. Ubiquitination is mediated via its interaction with FZR1/CDH1. Ubiquitination and subsequent degradation prevents entry into mitosis and is essential to maintain an efficient G2 DNA damage checkpoint.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome > centromere > kinetochore. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton > centrosome. During early stages of mitosis, the phosphorylated form is detected on centrosomes and kinetochores. Localizes to the outer kinetochore. Presence of SGOL1 and interaction with the phosphorylated form of BUB1 is required for the kinetochore localization.
- Entrez Gene: 538238 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 5347 Human
- Entrez Gene: 18817 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 25515 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 380481 Xenopus laevis
- Omim: 602098 Human
- SwissProt: Q2TA25 Cow
- SwissProt: P53350 Human
- SwissProt: Q07832 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q62673 Rat
- SwissProt: P70032 Xenopus laevis
- Unigene: 592049 Human
- Unigene: 16525 Mouse
- Unigene: 11034 Rat
- Unigene: 28141 Xenopus laevis
- Cell cycle regulated protein kinase antibody
- PLK 1 antibody
- PLK antibody
- PLK-1 antibody
- plk1 antibody
- PLK1_HUMAN antibody
- polio like kinase antibody
- Polo like kinase 1 antibody
- Polo-like kinase 1 antibody
- Serine/threonine protein kinase antibody
- Serine/threonine protein kinase 13 antibody
- Serine/threonine protein kinase PLK1 antibody
- Serine/threonine-protein kinase 13 antibody
- Serine/threonine-protein kinase PLK1 antibody
- STPK 13 antibody
- STPK13 antibody
Anti-PLK1 (phospho T210) antibody images
All lanes : Anti-PLK1 (phospho T210) antibody (ab73018) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Rat synaptic membrane lysate
Lane 2 : Rat synaptic membrane lysate, pre-incubated in lambda-phosphatase (1200 units for 30 min)
Predicted band size : 68 kDa
Observed band size : 66 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-PLK1 (phospho T210) antibody (ab73018)
ab73018 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.