Anti-PLK1 antibody [AZ44] (ab12212)
- Product nameAnti-PLK1 antibody [AZ44]See all PLK1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [AZ44] to PLK1
- SpecificityThis is a useful antibody to check that extracts have maintained their CSF status and haven't been activated into interphase.
- Tested applicationsELISA, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Xenopus laevis
Does not react withMouse, Human
Recombinant full length protein (Xenopus laevis).
- EpitopeThis antibody is thought to bind to a phosphorylated epitope. However, this has not yet been proved, but it does stain in a mitotic specific manner.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberAZ44
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab12212 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 65 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 68 kDa).|
- FunctionSerine/threonine-protein kinase that performs several important functions throughout M phase of the cell cycle, including the regulation of centrosome maturation and spindle assembly, the removal of cohesins from chromosome arms, the inactivation of APC/C inhibitors, and the regulation of mitotic exit and cytokinesis. Required for recovery after DNA damage checkpoint and entry into mitosis. Required for kinetochore localization of BUB1B. Phosphorylates SGOL1. Required for spindle pole localization of isoform 3 of SGOL1 and plays a role in regulating its centriole cohesion function. Phosphorylates BORA, and thereby promotes the degradation of BORA. Contributes to the regulation of AURKA function. Regulates TP53 stability through phosphorylation of TOPORS.
- Tissue specificityPlacenta and colon.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Ser/Thr protein kinase family. CDC5/Polo subfamily.
Contains 2 POLO box domains.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- Developmental stageAccumulates to a maximum during the G2 and M phases, declines to a nearly undetectable level following mitosis and throughout G1 phase, and then begins to accumulate again during S phase.
modificationsCatalytic activity is enhanced by phosphorylation of Thr-210. Phosphorylation at Thr-210 is first detected on centrosomes in the G2 phase of the cell cycle, peaks in prometaphase and gradually disappears from centrosomes during anaphase.
Autophosphorylation and phosphorylation of Ser-137 may not be significant for the activation of PLK1 during mitosis, but may enhance catalytic activity during recovery after DNA damage checkpoint.
Ubiquitinated by the anaphase promoting complex/cyclosome (APC/C) in anaphase and following DNA damage, leading to its degradation by the proteasome. Ubiquitination is mediated via its interaction with FZR1/CDH1. Ubiquitination and subsequent degradation prevents entry into mitosis and is essential to maintain an efficient G2 DNA damage checkpoint.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome > centromere > kinetochore. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton > centrosome. During early stages of mitosis, the phosphorylated form is detected on centrosomes and kinetochores. Localizes to the outer kinetochore. Presence of SGOL1 and interaction with the phosphorylated form of BUB1 is required for the kinetochore localization.
- Cell cycle regulated protein kinase antibodyPLK 1 antibodyPLK antibody
- PLK-1 antibodyplk1 antibodyPLK1_HUMAN antibodypolio like kinase antibodyPolo like kinase 1 antibodyPolo-like kinase 1 antibodySerine/threonine protein kinase antibodySerine/threonine protein kinase 13 antibodySerine/threonine protein kinase PLK1 antibodySerine/threonine-protein kinase 13 antibodySerine/threonine-protein kinase PLK1 antibodySTPK 13 antibodySTPK13 antibody
Anti-PLK1 antibody [AZ44] images
Predicted band size : 68 kDa
Western blot using ab12212.
Lane 1: Mitotic CSF Xenopus egg extract
Lane 2: Interphase Xenopus egg extract
Lane 3: HeLa cell extract
AZ44 only blots the Xenopus mitotic form of Plx which we assume to be due to this antibody recognizing a phosphorylated epitope.
Julian Gannon, CRUK
References for Anti-PLK1 antibody [AZ44] (ab12212)
This product has been referenced in:
- Esmaili AM et al. Regulation of the ATM-activator protein Aven by CRM1-dependent nuclear export. Cell Cycle 9:3913-20 (2010). WB ; Xenopus laevis . Read more (PubMed: 20935510) »
- Wu JQ et al. PP1-mediated dephosphorylation of phosphoproteins at mitotic exit is controlled by inhibitor-1 and PP1 phosphorylation. Nat Cell Biol 11:644-51 (2009). WB ; Xenopus laevis . Read more (PubMed: 19396163) »