Anti-PON1 antibody (ab123558)
- Product nameAnti-PON1 antibodySee all PON1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PON1
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Cow
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 200 - 300 of Human PON1.
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in Human Liver tissue lysate as well as PON1 recombinant protein.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Note: Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab123558 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 39 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 39 kDa).|
- FunctionHydrolyzes the toxic metabolites of a variety of organophosphorus insecticides. Capable of hydrolyzing a broad spectrum of organophosphate substrates and lactones, and a number of aromatic carboxylic acid esters. Mediates an enzymatic protection of low density lipoproteins against oxidative modification and the consequent series of events leading to atheroma formation.
- Tissue specificityPlasma, associated with HDL (at protein level). Expressed in liver, but not in heart, brain, placenta, lung, skeletal muscle, kidney or pancreas.
- Involvement in diseaseGenetic variation in PON1 is associated with susceptibility to microvascular complications of diabetes type 5 (MVCD5) [MIM:612633]. These are pathological conditions that develop in numerous tissues and organs as a consequence of diabetes mellitus. They include diabetic retinopathy, diabetic nephropathy leading to end-stage renal disease, and diabetic neuropathy. Diabetic retinopathy remains the major cause of new-onset blindness among diabetic adults. It is characterized by vascular permeability and increased tissue ischemia and angiogenesis. Note=Homozygosity for the Leu-54 allele is strongly associated with the development of retinal disease in diabetic patients.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the paraoxonase family.
The signal sequence is not cleaved.
Present in two forms, form B contains a disulfide bond, form A does not.
- Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space.
- Entrez Gene: 523798 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 5444 Human
- Entrez Gene: 18979 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 100009133 Rabbit
- Entrez Gene: 84024 Rat
- Omim: 168820 Human
- SwissProt: P27169 Human
- SwissProt: P52430 Mouse
- SwissProt: P27170 Rabbit
- SwissProt: P55159 Rat
- Unigene: 370995 Human
- Unigene: 237657 Mouse
- Unigene: 20732 Rat
- A esterase 1 antibodyA-esterase 1 antibodyAromatic esterase 1 antibody
- Arylesterase B type antibodyESA antibodyEsterase A antibodyK 45 antibodyK-45 antibodyMVCD5 antibodyParaoxonase 1 antibodyParaoxonase antibodyParaoxonase B type antibodyParaoxonase1 antibodyPON 1 antibodyPON antibodyPON1 antibodyPON1_HUMAN antibodySerum aryldiakylphosphatase antibodySerum aryldialkylphosphatase 1 antibodySerum paraoxonase/arylesterase 1 antibody
Anti-PON1 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-PON1 antibody (ab123558) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 :
Liver (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29889) at 10 µg
Lane 2 :
PON1 protein (ab53376) at 0.1 µg
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 39 kDa
Observed band size : 39 kDa
Exposure time : 30 seconds
References for Anti-PON1 antibody (ab123558)
ab123558 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.