Anti-PPAR gamma antibody [3A4A9,1E6A1] (ab70405)
- Product nameAnti-PPAR gamma antibody [3A4A9,1E6A1]See all PPAR gamma primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [3A4A9,1E6A1] to PPAR gamma
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Sheep, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Horse, Chicken, Cow, Cat, Dog, Pig, Chimpanzee, Cynomolgus Monkey, Rhesus monkey, Chinese Hamster
Recombinant fragment: KLIYDRCDLN CRIHKKSRNK CQYCRFQKCL AVGMSHNAIR FGRMPQAEKE KLLAEISSDI DQLNPESADL RALAKHLYDS YIKSFPLTKA KARAILTGKT T, corresponding to amino acids 170-270 of Human PPAR gamma with His tag expressed in E.coli strain BL21 (DE3)
- Positive controlTruncated PPAR gamma-His recombinant protein. Full length PPAR gamma transfected CHO-K1 cell lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.03% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number3A4A9,1E6A1
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Fatty acids
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab70405 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 75 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 58 kDa).|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/100.|
- FunctionReceptor that binds peroxisome proliferators such as hypolipidemic drugs and fatty acids. Once activated by a ligand, the receptor binds to a promoter element in the gene for acyl-CoA oxidase and activates its transcription. It therefore controls the peroxisomal beta-oxidation pathway of fatty acids. Key regulator of adipocyte differentiation and glucose homeostasis.
- Tissue specificityHighest expression in adipose tissue. Lower in skeletal muscle, spleen, heart and liver. Also detectable in placenta, lung and ovary.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=Defects in PPARG can lead to type 2 insulin-resistant diabetes and hyptertension. PPARG mutations may be associated with colon cancer.
Defects in PPARG may be associated with susceptibility to obesity (OBESITY) [MIM:601665]. It is a condition characterized by an increase of body weight beyond the limitation of skeletal and physical requirements, as the result of excessive accumulation of body fat.
Defects in PPARG are the cause of familial partial lipodystrophy type 3 (FPLD3) [MIM:604367]. Familial partial lipodystrophies (FPLD) are a heterogeneous group of genetic disorders characterized by marked loss of subcutaneous (sc) fat from the extremities. Affected individuals show an increased preponderance of insulin resistance, diabetes mellitus and dyslipidemia.
Genetic variations in PPARG can be associated with susceptibility to glioma type 1 (GLM1) [MIM:137800]. Gliomas are central nervous system neoplasms derived from glial cells and comprise astrocytomas, glioblastoma multiforme, oligodendrogliomas, and ependymomas. Note=Polymorphic PPARG alleles have been found to be significantly over-represented among a cohort of American patients with sporadic glioblastoma multiforme suggesting a possible contribution to disease susceptibility.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the nuclear hormone receptor family. NR1 subfamily.
Contains 1 nuclear receptor DNA-binding domain.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Entrez Gene: 281993 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 403606 Dog
- Entrez Gene: 5468 Human
- Entrez Gene: 5468 Human
- Entrez Gene: 19016 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 397671 Pig
- Entrez Gene: 25664 Rat
- Omim: 601487 Human
- SwissProt: O18971 Cow
- SwissProt: Q4U3Q4 Dog
- SwissProt: P37231 Human
- SwissProt: P37231 Human
- SwissProt: P37238 Mouse
- SwissProt: O62807 Pig
- SwissProt: O19052 Rabbit
- SwissProt: O88275 Rat
- Unigene: 162646 Human
- Unigene: 3020 Mouse
- Unigene: 23443 Rat
- CIMT1 antibodyGLM1 antibodyHUMPPARG antibody
- NR1C3 antibodyNuclear receptor subfamily 1 group C member 3 antibodyOTTHUMP00000185032 antibodyOTTHUMP00000185036 antibodyPAX8/PPARG Fusion Gene antibodyPeroxisome proliferator activated nuclear receptor gamma variant 1 antibodyPeroxisome proliferator activated receptor gamma 1 antibodyPeroxisome Proliferator Activated Receptor gamma antibodyPeroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma antibodyPPAR gamma antibodyPPAR-gamma antibodyPPARG antibodyPPARG_HUMAN antibodyPPARG1 antibodyPPARG2 antibodyPPARG3 antibody
Anti-PPAR gamma antibody [3A4A9,1E6A1] images
All lanes : Anti-PPAR gamma antibody [3A4A9,1E6A1] (ab70405) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Molecular weight marker
Lane 2 : Truncated PPAR gamma-His recombinant protein
Lane 3 : Full length PPAR gamma transfected CHO-K1 cell lysate
Predicted band size : 58 kDa
Observed band size : 12,80 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 58 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Overlay histogram showing HepG2 cells stained with ab70405 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab70405, 1/100 dilution) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in HepG2 cells fixed with 80% methanol (5 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
References for Anti-PPAR gamma antibody [3A4A9,1E6A1] (ab70405)
ab70405 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.