Anti-PPAR gamma antibody (ab19481)
- Product nameAnti-PPAR gamma antibodySee all PPAR gamma primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PPAR gamma
- Specificitywill recognize both PPAR gamma1 and PPAR gamma2
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IHC-P, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Hamster, Cow, Dog, Human, Pig
Synthetic peptide (Human) (C terminal) from a region between AA 420 and 460 of the PPARgamma protein.
- Positive controlNuclear lysate of THP-1 cells stimulated with PMA. Incubate the THP-1 cells 10 ng/ml PMA for 24 hours. IHC-P: Human Placenta
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Do not freeze.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.2% Gelatin, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Fatty acids
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab19481 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/50 - 1/100. Fix with paraformaldehyde.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 4 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||WB: 1/400. Predicted molecular weight: 58 kDa. Block in TBST with 5% w/v nonfat dry milk. The dilution was calculated using an Ecl detection method. With more sensitive detection kits the antibody may be used at much higher dilutions.|
- FunctionReceptor that binds peroxisome proliferators such as hypolipidemic drugs and fatty acids. Once activated by a ligand, the receptor binds to a promoter element in the gene for acyl-CoA oxidase and activates its transcription. It therefore controls the peroxisomal beta-oxidation pathway of fatty acids. Key regulator of adipocyte differentiation and glucose homeostasis.
- Tissue specificityHighest expression in adipose tissue. Lower in skeletal muscle, spleen, heart and liver. Also detectable in placenta, lung and ovary.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=Defects in PPARG can lead to type 2 insulin-resistant diabetes and hyptertension. PPARG mutations may be associated with colon cancer.
Defects in PPARG may be associated with susceptibility to obesity (OBESITY) [MIM:601665]. It is a condition characterized by an increase of body weight beyond the limitation of skeletal and physical requirements, as the result of excessive accumulation of body fat.
Defects in PPARG are the cause of familial partial lipodystrophy type 3 (FPLD3) [MIM:604367]. Familial partial lipodystrophies (FPLD) are a heterogeneous group of genetic disorders characterized by marked loss of subcutaneous (sc) fat from the extremities. Affected individuals show an increased preponderance of insulin resistance, diabetes mellitus and dyslipidemia.
Genetic variations in PPARG can be associated with susceptibility to glioma type 1 (GLM1) [MIM:137800]. Gliomas are central nervous system neoplasms derived from glial cells and comprise astrocytomas, glioblastoma multiforme, oligodendrogliomas, and ependymomas. Note=Polymorphic PPARG alleles have been found to be significantly over-represented among a cohort of American patients with sporadic glioblastoma multiforme suggesting a possible contribution to disease susceptibility.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the nuclear hormone receptor family. NR1 subfamily.
Contains 1 nuclear receptor DNA-binding domain.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Entrez Gene: 281993 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 403606 Dog
- Entrez Gene: 5468 Human
- Entrez Gene: 5468 Human
- Entrez Gene: 19016 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 397671 Pig
- Entrez Gene: 25664 Rat
- Omim: 601487 Human
- SwissProt: O18971 Cow
- SwissProt: Q4U3Q4 Dog
- SwissProt: P37231 Human
- SwissProt: P37231 Human
- SwissProt: P37238 Mouse
- SwissProt: O62807 Pig
- SwissProt: O88275 Rat
- Unigene: 162646 Human
- Unigene: 3020 Mouse
- Unigene: 23443 Rat
- CIMT1 antibodyGLM1 antibodyHUMPPARG antibody
- NR1C3 antibodyNuclear receptor subfamily 1 group C member 3 antibodyOTTHUMP00000185032 antibodyOTTHUMP00000185036 antibodyPAX8/PPARG Fusion Gene antibodyPeroxisome proliferator activated nuclear receptor gamma variant 1 antibodyPeroxisome proliferator activated receptor gamma 1 antibodyPeroxisome Proliferator Activated Receptor gamma antibodyPeroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma antibodyPPAR gamma antibodyPPAR-gamma antibodyPPARG antibodyPPARG_HUMAN antibodyPPARG1 antibodyPPARG2 antibodyPPARG3 antibody
Anti-PPAR gamma antibody images
ab19481 staining CHO K1 cells expressing Human PPAR gamma by ICC/IF. Cells were formaldehyde fixed and permeabilized in 0.1 % Triton X-100 prior to blocking with TBS + 3% Dried Milk + 0.1 % Triton X-100 for 20 minutes at 22°C. The primary anitbody was diluted 1/50 and incubated with the sample for 1 hour at 22°C. A FITC conjugated goat anti-rabbit antibody diluted 1/400 was used as the secondary. The cells in the top image clearly show punctate cytoplasmic and nuclear localization of Human PPAR gamma when grown in the presence of F12 + 1.5% Charcoal/Dextran FBS.
Ab19481 staining Human normal placenta. Staining is localized to nuclear compartment.
Left panel: with primary antibody at 4 ug/ml. Right panel: isotype control.
Sections were stained using an automated system DAKO Autostainer Plus , at room temperature. Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3-in-1 AR buffer citrate pH 6.0 in a DAKO PT Link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 minutes. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS), then incubated with primary antibody for 20 minutes, and detected with Dako Envision Flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that for manual staining we recommend to optimize the primary antibody concentration and incubation time (overnight incubation), and amplification may be required.
ICC/IF image of ab19481 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab19481, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-PPAR gamma antibody (ab19481)
This product has been referenced in:
- Knapp P et al. Altered peroxisome-proliferator activated receptors expression in human endometrial cancer. PPAR Res 2012:471524 (2012). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22448166) »
- Donzelli E et al. ERK1 and ERK2 are involved in recruitment and maturation of human mesenchymal stem cells induced to adipogenic differentiation. J Mol Cell Biol 3:123-31 (2011). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21278199) »