Anti-PPAR gamma antibody (ab66343)
- Product nameAnti-PPAR gamma antibodySee all PPAR gamma primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PPAR gamma
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Cat, Dog, Pig
Synthetic peptide: FWPTNFGISS VDLSVMEDHS HSFDIKPFTT VDFSSISTPH YEDIPFTRTD , corresponding to amino acids 38-87 of Human PPAR gamma
- Positive control
- 293T cell lysate
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Fatty acids
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab66343 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ELISA titre: using peptide based assay: 1:312500.
WB: Use at a concentration of 1.25 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 44 and 58 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 58 kDa).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionReceptor that binds peroxisome proliferators such as hypolipidemic drugs and fatty acids. Once activated by a ligand, the receptor binds to a promoter element in the gene for acyl-CoA oxidase and activates its transcription. It therefore controls the peroxisomal beta-oxidation pathway of fatty acids. Key regulator of adipocyte differentiation and glucose homeostasis.
- Tissue specificityHighest expression in adipose tissue. Lower in skeletal muscle, spleen, heart and liver. Also detectable in placenta, lung and ovary.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=Defects in PPARG can lead to type 2 insulin-resistant diabetes and hyptertension. PPARG mutations may be associated with colon cancer.
Defects in PPARG may be associated with susceptibility to obesity (OBESITY) [MIM:601665]. It is a condition characterized by an increase of body weight beyond the limitation of skeletal and physical requirements, as the result of excessive accumulation of body fat.
Defects in PPARG are the cause of familial partial lipodystrophy type 3 (FPLD3) [MIM:604367]. Familial partial lipodystrophies (FPLD) are a heterogeneous group of genetic disorders characterized by marked loss of subcutaneous (sc) fat from the extremities. Affected individuals show an increased preponderance of insulin resistance, diabetes mellitus and dyslipidemia.
Genetic variations in PPARG can be associated with susceptibility to glioma type 1 (GLM1) [MIM:137800]. Gliomas are central nervous system neoplasms derived from glial cells and comprise astrocytomas, glioblastoma multiforme, oligodendrogliomas, and ependymomas. Note=Polymorphic PPARG alleles have been found to be significantly over-represented among a cohort of American patients with sporadic glioblastoma multiforme suggesting a possible contribution to disease susceptibility.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the nuclear hormone receptor family. NR1 subfamily.
Contains 1 nuclear receptor DNA-binding domain.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Entrez Gene: 281993 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 403606 Dog
- Entrez Gene: 5468 Human
- Entrez Gene: 19016 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 397671 Pig
- Entrez Gene: 25664 Rat
- Omim: 601487 Human
- SwissProt: O18971 Cow
- SwissProt: Q4U3Q4 Dog
- SwissProt: P37231 Human
- SwissProt: P37238 Mouse
- SwissProt: O62807 Pig
- SwissProt: O88275 Rat
- Unigene: 162646 Human
- Unigene: 3020 Mouse
- Unigene: 23443 Rat
- CIMT1 antibody
- GLM1 antibody
- HUMPPARG antibody
- NR1C3 antibody
- Nuclear receptor subfamily 1 group C member 3 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000185032 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000185036 antibody
- PAX8/PPARG Fusion Gene antibody
- Peroxisome proliferator activated nuclear receptor gamma variant 1 antibody
- Peroxisome proliferator activated receptor gamma 1 antibody
- Peroxisome Proliferator Activated Receptor gamma antibody
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma antibody
- PPAR gamma antibody
- PPAR-gamma antibody
- PPARG antibody
- PPARG_HUMAN antibody
- PPARG1 antibody
- PPARG2 antibody
- PPARG3 antibody
Anti-PPAR gamma antibody images
Mouse cornea and eyelid. Primary Antibody Dilution : 1:100. Secondary Antibody : Goat anti-rabbit-AlexaFluor-546. Secondary Antibody Dilution : 1:1000. Color/Signal Descriptions : PPARG: Green DAPI: Red. Gene Name : Ppar Gamma.
Anti-PPAR gamma antibody (ab66343) at 1.25 µg/ml + 293T cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size : 58 kDa
Observed band size : 58 kDa
Additional bands at : 44 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
References for Anti-PPAR gamma antibody (ab66343)
ab66343 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.