Anti-PPP1R10 antibody (ab52780)
- Product nameAnti-PPP1R10 antibodySee all PPP1R10 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse polyclonal to PPP1R10
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Pig, Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey
Recombinant fragment: LGPGPIANGF PPGGPGGPKG MQHFPPGPGG PMPGPHGGPG GPVGPRLLGP PPPPRGGDPF WDGPGDPMRG GPMRGGPGPG PGPYHRGRGG RGGNEPPPPP, corresponding to amino acids 620-720 of Human PPP1R10
- Positive control
- Tagged fusion protein.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 50% Glycerol
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Primary antibody notes ‘This antibody was raised by a genetic immunization technique. Genetic immunization can be used to generate antibodies by directly delivering antigen-coding DNA into the animal, rather than injecting a protein or peptide (Tang et al. PubMed: 1545867; Chambers and Johnston PubMed 12910245; Barry and Johnston PubMed: 9234514). The animal's cells produce the protein, which stimulates the animal's immune system to produce antibodies against that particular protein. A vector coding for a partial fusion protein was used for genetic immunisation of a mouse and the resulting serum was tested in Western blot against an E.coli lysate containing that partial fusion protein. Genetic immunization offers enormous advantages over the traditional protein-based immunization method. DNA is faster, cheaper and easier to produce and can be produced by standard techniques readily amenable to automation. Furthermore, the antibodies generated by genetic immunization are usually of superior quality with regard to specificity, affinity and recognizing the native protein.’
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52780 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
This antibody has been tested in Western blot against an E.coli lysate containing the partial recombinant fusion protein used as an immunogen. We have no data on detection of endogenous protein.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- RelevancePPP1R10 (serine/threonine protein phosphatase 1 regulatory subunit 10), also known as PNUTS, is a targeting subunit of protein phosphatase 1 (PP1). Furthermore, PPP1R10 acts as an inhibitor of PPP1CA and PPP1CC phosphatase activities. Its inhibitory activity on PPP1CA is only observed when PPP1R10 is phosphorylated by Protein Kinase A (PKA). PPP1R10 contains a zinc finger motif and is predominantly localised within the nucleus. Recently, PPP1R10 has been shown to target PP1 to GABA(C) receptors, shuttling from the nucleus to the cell membrane in cells co-expressing this receptor. This highlights a role for this protein in the regulation of synaptic signal transduction. PPP1R10 has also been shown to regulate the activity of p53 in response to hypoxia.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Note: Found in discrete nucleoplasmic bodies and within nucleoli.
- Entrez Gene: 462544 Chimpanzee
- Entrez Gene: 5514 Human
- Entrez Gene: 52040 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 100144450 Pig
- Entrez Gene: 65045 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 711949 Rhesus monkey
- Omim: 603771 Human
- SwissProt: Q7YR38 Chimpanzee
- SwissProt: Q96QC0 Human
- SwissProt: Q80W00 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q767K9 Pig
- SwissProt: O55000 Rat
- SwissProt: Q5TM61 Rhesus monkey
- Unigene: 106019 Human
- Unigene: 29385 Mouse
- Unigene: 37758 Rat
- CAT 53 antibody
- CAT53 antibody
- FB 19 antibody
- FB19 antibody
- FB19 protein antibody
- HLA-C associated transcript 53 antibody
- MHC class I region proline rich protein CAT53 antibody
- p99 antibody
- Phosphatase 1 nuclear targeting subunit antibody
- Phosphatase nuclear targeting subunit antibody
- PNUTS antibody
- PP1 binding protein of 114 kDa antibody
- PP1 nuclear targeting subunit antibody
- PP1R10 antibody
- protein FB19 antibody
- Protein phosphatase 1 nuclear targeting subunit antibody
- Protein phosphatase 1 regulatory (inhibitor) subunit 10 antibody
- Protein phosphatase 1 regulatory subunit 10 antibody
- R111 antibody
- Serine/threonine protein phosphatase 1 regulatory subunit 10 antibody
Anti-PPP1R10 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-PPP1R10 antibody (ab52780) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : a total protein extract from E coli with 50ng to 100 ng of a tagged fusion protein of an irrelevant antigen.
Lane 2 : a total protein extract from E coli with 50ng to 500ng of the antigen (tagged-antigen fusion protein)
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
Rabbit anti-mouse IgG + IgM, (H+L) horseradish peroxidase conjugated at 1/5000 dilution
Predicted band size : 99 kDa
Observed band size : 38 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-PPP1R10 antibody (ab52780)
ab52780 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.