Anti-PRMT1 antibody (ab43436)
- Product nameAnti-PRMT1 antibodySee all PRMT1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse polyclonal to PRMT1
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Caenorhabditis elegans
Vector coding for a partial recombinant fusion protein, corresponding to amino acids 1550/1649 of Caenorhabditis elegans PRMT1. Target sequence used to make the antibody: KRGTRLFGNE ERGEKSIMFQ DLNLYQVEPQ IRLFALYNNP LPTMEDDVFR DEEDQIIDKP TSALQKLLNK KRGASGAMDH IRSRARYMEE TNIPPAPERG.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, Whole serum
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Primary antibody notes This antibody was raised by a genetic immunization technique. Genetic immunization can be used to generate antibodies by directly delivering antigen-coding DNA into the animal, rather than injecting a protein or peptide (Tang et al. PubMed: 1545867; Chambers and Johnston PubMed 12910245; Barry and Johnston PubMed: 9234514). The animal's cells produce the protein, which stimulates the animal's immune system to produce antibodies against that particular protein. A vector coding for a partial fusion protein was used for genetic immunisation of a mouse and the resulting serum was tested in Western blot against an E.coli lysate containing that partial fusion protein. Genetic immunization offers enormous advantages over the traditional protein-based immunization method. DNA is faster, cheaper and easier to produce and can be produced by standard techniques readily amenable to automation. Furthermore, the antibodies generated by genetic immunization are usually of superior quality with regard to specificity, affinity and recognizing the native protein.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Signaling Pathways
- Nuclear Receptors
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab43436 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
This antibody has been tested in Western blot against an E.coli lysate containing the partial recombinant fusion protein used as an immunogen. We have no data on detection of endogenous protein.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionArginine methyltransferase that methylates (mono and asymmetric dimethylation) the guanidino nitrogens of arginyl residues present in proteins such as ESR1, histone H2, H3 and H4, PIAS1, HNRNPA1, HNRNPD, NFATC2IP, SUPT5H, TAF15 and EWS. Constitutes the main enzyme that mediates monomethylation and asymmetric dimethylation of histone H4 'Arg-4' (H4R3me1 and H4R3me2a, respectively), a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation. Together with dimethylated PIAS1, represses STAT1 transcriptional activity, in the late phase of interferon gamma (IFN-gamma) signaling. May be involved in the regulation of TAF15 transcriptional activity, act as an activator of estrogen receptor (ER)-mediated transactivation, play a key role in neurite outgrowth and act as a negative regulator of megakaryocytic differentiation, by modulating p38 MAPK pathway.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein arginine N-methyltransferase family.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm > cytosol.
- ANM 1 antibodyANM1 antibodyANM1 antibody
- ANM1_HUMAN antibodycomplete cds antibodycomplete cds antibodyHCP 1 antibodyHCP1 antibodyHCP1 antibodyHeterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein methyltransferase 1 like 2 antibodyHeterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoproteins methyltransferase like 2 antibodyHeterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoproteins methyltransferase like2 antibodyHistone-arginine N-methyltransferase PRMT1 antibodyHMT 2 antibodyHMT1 (hnRNP methyltransferase antibodyHMT1 (hnRNP methyltransferase antibodyHMT1 (hnRNP methyltransferase S. cerevisiae) like 2 antibodyHMT1 (hnRNP methyltransferase S. cerevisiae)-like 2 antibodyHMT1 (hnRNP methyltransferase S. cerevisiae)-like 2 antibodyHMT1 hnRNP methyltransferase antibodyHMT1 hnRNP methyltransferase like 2 (S. cerevisiae) antibodyHMT1 hnRNP methyltransferase like 2 antibodyHMT1 hnRNP methyltransferase-like 2 (S. cerevisiae) antibodyHMT1 hnRNP methyltransferase-like 2 (S. cerevisiae) antibodyHMT2 antibodyHMT2 antibodyHRMT1 L2 antibodyHRMT1L 2 antibodyHRMT1L2 antibodyHuman mRNA for suppressor for yeast mutant antibodyHuman mRNA for suppressor for yeast mutant antibodyHuman mRNA for suppressor for yeast mutant complete cds antibodyHuman mRNA for suppressor for yeast mutant complete cds antibodyInterferon receptor 1 bound protein 4 antibodyInterferon receptor 1 bound protein4 antibodyInterferon receptor 1-bound protein 4 antibodyInterferon receptor 1bound protein 4 antibodyIR1 B4 antibodyIR1B 4 antibodyIR1B4 antibodyMrmt 1 antibodyMrmt1 antibodyPRMT 1 antibodyPRMT1 antibodyPRMT1 antibodyProtein arginine methyltransferase 1 antibodyProtein arginine N methyltransferase 1 antibodyProtein arginine N methyltransferase1 antibodyProtein arginine N-methyltransferase 1 (EC 2.1.1.-) (Interferon receptor 1-bound protein 4). antibodyProtein arginine N-methyltransferase 1 (EC 2.1.1.-) (Interferon receptor 1-bound protein 4). antibodyProtein arginine N-methyltransferase 1 antibodyR1B4 antibodyR1B4 antibodyS. cerevisiae like 2 antibodyS. cerevisiae)-like 2 antibodyS. cerevisiae)-like 2 antibody
References for Anti-PRMT1 antibody (ab43436)
ab43436 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.